ckreef

Random Bistro Cooks

Wow ck I look over this whole thread and realize we ate quite a few burgers..and they were all yummy...I think its time for another spatchcock...that was very Droolicous. .the steakums were cook just the way we like them (rare)..tough to do when they were a skinny cow..way to go Ck

Sunday we had beef ribs. Not bad for $1.99 per lb.

8bc51b12c93194ca68abcb04e965604d.jpg

Last night I wanted to try a new BBQ sauce recipe. Although it was inspired by the Internet, I mixed and matched 2 different recipes to come up with my version.

Ginger Beer BBQ Sauce

A sweet sauce with a slight hint of ginger. Tested it out on a couple of skinless chicken thighs.

1145e76f3d70f6d65346193587d3b898.jpg

1ea4e8b1cdc2431e1676dfe520f13759.jpg

I like the color and thickness of that sauce. Anything adding sweetness to it?

Between a 1/4 cup of brown sugar and about 32 oz of Ginger Beer reduced down it was definitely a sweet sauce. Next time I make it I'll probably omit the brown sugar and add a heat component to it.

That should make it slightly sweet with a touch of heat. Coupled with the ginger undertones should be perfect.

Was busy yesterday with some Bistro improvements so I just whipped out a simple shrimp scampi. Served on a bed of pasta with a side salad.

I did try an interesting change. When I added the shrimp I also added some sliced water chestnuts. Was definitely a good addition that I will probably do from now on.

Crappy picture but it was late and I was tired and hungry so no real money shot.

52fafa54d81e81357b601e940c22f8c6.jpg