GrillingMontana

Moscow Mule Brined Pork Chop

This has become one of my favorite cooks.  I am lucky to have butchers nearby where I can order 2" thick chops and they cut them the day the piggies get butchered. Concept is simple. Pour an entire cocktail in with your chops, add some garlic salt, and allow to brine.

post-2171-0-20654300-1433302717_thumb.jp

Warming things up with some corn in the husk

post-2171-0-63749300-1433302845_thumb.jp

Getting the reverse sear on

post-2171-0-04877900-1433302906_thumb.jp

Re-warming back up the corn and rendering some pork fat

post-2171-0-50264400-1433302989_thumb.jp

Just prior to plating.

Came out fantastic!  Recipe was so good, it is going in my book!  

Thanks for looking!

Cheers- 

Thanks for all the kind and fun words about the cook!  

My inspiration was my over stuffed spice cabinet and how when I open the door, random jars of spices just fall out on to the counter.  Other thoughts of Jim Belushi dumping that jar of mustard on his shirt for no real reason in Animal house comes to mind as well.

Same concept but with a cocktail.  In the book I add kaffir lime leaves but in reality, it is just a moscow mule (vodka, half lime, ginger beer) and ice with a half cup of garlic salt.

What is cool is that the salt and alcohol open the cell walls of the meat. There is a low amount of sugar in the ginger brew so it really does not burn and the chop is extremely moist and juicy.

The only down side is that you are minus one adult beverage on a cook evening.  With proper mis-en-place you can make up for it.

Cheers-  Paul

post-2171-0-81052700-1433384186.jpg

• Like 3

I'm guessing the sugar in the ginger brew made the blackened grate marks a bit blacker..

Those look like they were painted on!

Great/grate cook!  

PS did you actually cook them on the upper grill sitting on the lower grill or did you toss it in after to shoot them in the grill and get better light?

I'm guessing the sugar in the ginger brew made the blackened grate marks a bit blacker..

Those look like they were painted on!

Great/grate cook!  

PS did you actually cook them on the upper grill sitting on the lower grill or did you toss it in after to shoot them in the grill and get better light?

Hey Dennis- I cooked lower and photographed higher.  I think I was letting the corn finish up a little higher and took advantage of the light, composition. I may have even been keeping the chops warm while the corn finished as I usually give them a half hour on the KK