wilburpan

What does 5-1/2 lbs of wings look like on a 23� KK?

It looks like this:

18814798812_13997ae317_c.jpg

18199104733_d5f2701054_c.jpg

I used the trick of tossing the wings with a 50/50 mixture of salt and baking powder to get really crispy skin. The wings sat for about 2 hours, and then I cooked them indirect at 400ºF for about 45 minutes, turning them over about halfway through.

All done and ready to serve. You would swear that these wings were deep fried.

18819754085_9d5735c71d_c.jpg

We wanted to eat healthy, so we made a wing salad, for the fiber, you know. ^_^

18633603139_bc7f4b0e9b_c.jpg

Just kidding! This is how we plated the wings. Everyone in my family likes different sauces, so we put the sauce on the wings individually right before eating them.

18199113993_d16fcb7bcb_c.jpg

And I grilled up some portobello mushrooms as a side.

18199115363_ca08926ed1_c.jpg

The best thing about this cook was at lunch yesterday, I was thinking about what I could cook on Smaug for dinner. Right then, my wife asked me, “What do you want to grill today?†It’s like she can read my mind. ^_^

Wilburpan, you read my mind :D  Last week I read you wing recipe and this morning I put them in for a sit with the bp and salt mix. Now if mine turn out half as good as yours look I'll be very happy.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  I just might even do up some regular mushrooms too. Dinner looks wonderful even if it was part salad ;)

Wilburpan, awesome looking wings!

Have you tried the BP and Salt rub on a whole chicken??

I have, and it works great. I did that on the rotisserie chicken cook that I did recently. I made a mix of salt, baking powder, pepper and poultry seasoning, and sprinkled it on like a rub to cover the skin. It was great.

• Like 1

Wilbur - I've said it before and I say it again ... your cooks are so boring! Perfection gets boring and these cooks on Smaug are perfectly boring! Can't you screw up just once like yours truly and post it here?

Wonderfully tasty money shot! Mega kudos, my Friend. Don't forget to post a screw up, okay? My ego needs a boost! LOL