GrillingMontana

New Chicken Wings Recipe

Chicken on the bone, and chicken marinated overnight in buttermilk... these are a few of my favorite things!

I apologize that I only have a "during" photo because the after photo was more of a platter where the wings were-

If anyone is interested in a zippy new spin in wings try this:

1. Put wings in a ziploc bag
  2. add equal parts buttermilk ranch dressing and red hot sauce (3/4 cup each)
  3. Marinade 6-24 hours
  4. KK soaked at 300-325 raised direct

Here is where it can get fun-  

Take the marinated wings out and set on a cooling rack allowing the clumped on marinade to drip off.  Toss the wings in 1/2-2/3 of a cup of potato flakes (from fake mashed potatoes) and then go to your raised direct surface.

I cook for 50 min to an hour turning sparingly but mostly re-arranging to compensate for hot spots.

The skin gets crispy and the potato flakes add an amazing crispy crunch.

Now just sit back and watch then disappear.  

post-2171-0-79241900-1437836936_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Gonna put this one in the queue behind the crushed pork rinds version! Good thing my freezer's full of chicken leg quarters and breasts!

btw - highly recommend Frank's Hot Sauce for marinating chicken. Robert & Poochie are gonna diss me, but I like it far better than Tabasco.   :smt103    

@Tony b I did marinade in Franks-  I think it is the best for chicken of this style hands down-

@Ceramic Chef- I saw Anne Burell use it to coat one side of a halibut filet.  Was on the stove, but she killed it.  It had a crispy toupee.  I did the same on some cast iron on the KK and then flipped only once to the skin side.  Also was a 10-

post-2171-0-80186900-1437850990_thumb.jp

post-2171-0-18004600-1437851035_thumb.jp

Anne Burell is just about my favorite FN chef. I love the way that lady cooks. She's sexy too, which is never a bad thing. Even thought she and her girlfriend are a long term couple, she's still sexy as all get out!

Hmm, you've been workin too hard lately CC. 😳😳😳

Robert

• Like 1

'8-track tape grill'...now I know you must be as old as I am CC :D.

There is something about Giada that just grates me (the wrong way).  I was going to say:  "...rubs me the wrong way" but that might get misinterpreted :D.     Maybe its all the miss-pronounced Italian food words she spews.   I guess if one doesn't know better...

Ok, I better stop now :D

• Like 1