ckreef

Grilled Peach Homemade Jam

Years ago I use to do a lot of canning and homemade jams - it's been a while. With all the posts (on another forum) of grilled peaches I thought I would try and capture that flavor for later in the year. So I now present you .................

Grilled Peach Jam

Initial taste says Oh Yeah grilled Peach yummy in a jar. Will know for sure tomorrow evening when I Crack open the first jar.

46b1d2cbed6a7f2014755c14fb19a286.jpg

8ac5e1a2ee3636053d6a4a62b525c862.jpg

ecf5e856db55826721234a430a2d6622.jpg

b82738afb5135ce72b6468d867381ceb.jpg

3744ea6cb9e30186c62f955b6b8f7db2.jpg

• Like 2

A man of many talents. Those grilled jarred peaches look great.

I have enough peaches to make one more batch. If it tastes right tomorrow afternoon I'll make that other batch.

I have a couple of ideas that might make the next batch better and easier to make.

Charles - I'm giving this one a couple of BIG thumbs up! I love peach jam, jelly, and preserves! Heck, any kind of stone fruit in a jar has my vote! For this one, I'm doing the Chicago vote method ... Vote early and vote often! Very, very nice.

If it sets up correctly and tastes right tomorrow afternoon, I'll have a jar with your name on it. A little TY gift for that box of coco you sent me.

I'll jump on that bandwagon, Poochie! Put me down for a couple of jars, too!

ckreef, you're bringing back some fond memories with that one! I grew up in peach country. My folks would buy straight from the orchards. The stuff in the grocery stores these days doesn't even come close!

Charles - heck, as long as I'm picking up the tab, let's just open a facility and kick Smucker's square in their corporate tush! You up for a little venture?

Always up for a little venture - with all these orders I better make another couple of batches - LOL

Here is a money shot after opening a jar last night. It tasted every bit as good as you can imagine and set up beautifully.

5667f31a3ecba12b7fa6d5c484397cf5.jpg

I made another batch last night that I think came out even better. (and I'm getting better at grilling peaches). I might make a third batch this weekend, take lots of pictures and post it as a recipe. But wait if we are going to startup a "Reef Jam" venture I might not want to give away all my secrets - LOL

• Like 2