MacKenzie

Tomato Galette and Sourdough Bread

Grilled the bacon first

GCNld3W.jpg

vuLCv5x.jpg

Rolled out the crust and topped with cottage cheese and parmesan cheeses.

u3L8kU6.jpg

Ready for Pebbles.

KH2jtpW.jpg

Baked.

gFtAkR6.jpg

Sprinkled with bacon bits, mini basil and served.

z98AIBA.jpg

Galette recipe can be found here - http://www.pbs.org/food/recipes/cherry-tomato-galette/

Right after that jacked the heat up and baked my second loaf of sourdough bread on the KK. I'd like to get a shot with Komodo Kamado in the frame but with the food so high in the grill it escapes the frame.

LsYwLRy.jpg

• Like 1

Great cook. Sure catching up from lost time. Are you happy with your Komodo Kamado? Do  you do Salt Rising Bread?

Thanks, bryan. Yes, I am getting caught up. :) The KK works like a charm. :):thumbup:  :thumbup: Didn't grill a thing all week because I'm getting some work done on my outdoor kitchen. We are nearly done but the carpenter doesn't work weekends:)  I have not heard of Salt Rising Bread. Guess I have some more work to do. :)

MacKenzie, as soon as I saw the title of the post - Tomato Gallette, I said, this has to be a MacKenzie cook, because who else would do a gallette?? Then you hit me with miniature basil (I am growing a plant for the first time this year.) You go, Girl! I'm seriously beginning to think that you are my Doppelganger!!

Warning about salt rising bread - it's really tasty stuff, but will stink the house up to the bejebus while it's fermenting. Smells like old gym socks - Seriously!!

Thanks, Tony. :) I hope I'm not causing you any physiological stress. ;)  I'm taking my plant in the house for the winter again this year. It worked well last year. Thanks for the warning about the bread, it had better taste great if I find that fermentation smell as obnoxious as you say. ;) I think you must grow cherry tomatoes, you should give the Galette a shot. I substituted cottage cheese for the called for ricotta because I like it a lot. Here is the PBS link for the recipe just incase -

http://www.pbs.org/food/recipes/cherry-tomato-galette/

The picture doesn't show how juicy the galette is but it is nice and juicy.

• Like 2