bosco

Just a quick apology

I just want to apologize to any members here that are also on the KG.  I don't even own a KK yet and see how any post that is made becomes an instant debate. 

I am not sure why it happens... but I too have been guilty of it in the past as well.

I applaud you all for not ripping my head off when I went at you.

I have my reasons to believe it happens, but will keep it to myself.  I will say when you own the best.... the claws come out

• Like 1

No need to apologize. Those of us who have been guru members for any length of time sort of figured that was going to happen when you let the cat out of the bag. There are many people who will never understand the desire to own the very best for the things we love to do.

I know for you, this leap to KK was not done on a whim after being a diehard KJ user. Like you, most of us spent hours and hours researching KK's and the decision to outlay this kind of cash for a kamado was not done lightly.

There will always be some resentment by others. Don't let that get you down. Once they arrive you will truly realize what a great purchase you made.

I have always been a part of the cool kids so to speak lol on that forum owning KJ.  I am just shocked at all the attacks people make whenever they have the chance.  It is really sad...

but I don't care!!!

I can't wait to get my new guys.

I just wanted to say sorry to those of you that I directed any negativity towards over the years

I for one hope you continue to post on the KG AND KK forums.

Your cooks need to be shared.  Your unveiling of the new KK's may very well implode the KG forum.  It will be epic.  I just know it, and I for one can't wait to read all about it.

Keep doing your thing.

As they saw "Its Your Money Spend it where You Want To"  It's hard to knock sucess!

I am looking foreward to your Komodo Kamado cooks.

In almost 8 years as an owner I have yet to hear a customer complaint about the units or the designer/owner Dennis Linkletter.

I also can recall no pissing contest on this forum.

Sounds to me like you should have been here years ago.

Welcome to our world.

"Komodo Kamado Owners" The best of all worlds. No brag just fact.

• Like 1

Bosco, several KK users go back and forth with no issues. We all love our KKs and tend to gush on them at times. Unfortunately, that sometimes is interpreted as the grilling equivalent of telling a group of loyal Chevy owners why you love your Porsche.

A KK is an aspirational purchase and it isn't for everyone for a variety of different reasons, which is fine. Sadly, KK'ers and their enthusiasm for their grills is misinterpreted at times as rubbing others' noses in it. When I saw your post on the guru site announcing that you bought, not one, but two KKs I thought, "Oh boy. The long knives will be coming out." With your historic passion for your KJs and your prolific posting on the site, there are bound to be some that see you as some sort of traitor. Don't sweat it. It is what it is. You're definitely welcome here.

And by the way........l won't believe you bought two of them until they are placed at the Bosco palace. With no pictures, it didn't really happen.😜

This site is so chill and no anger or animosity. I really love it here guys!!!

A few years back when I first joined guru it was very much like this forum - one big happy family. Over time as guru grew in size, anger and animosity slowly crept in. On a couple of occasions I was even the culprit.

Now I try my best to not comment much in the questionable threads. Mostly now I just post cooking threads and comment on the same. Even some of the help threads can turn sour with so many different opinions so I usually just let others help.

I too really like the laid back nature of this forum and it's still small enough I can read all new posts daily.

I remember when I was first looking at ceramic cookers and I signed on to view the Green one. I didn't know a thing about ceramic cooking and was looking for a friendly place where I could get some help if I needed it. WOW, talk about a place I didn't want to be. That was end of me getting a green cooker. It's no fun with the nasty stuff. That's where mods can come in handy if need be. I'm sure that future buyers will look at the connected forum to the product they are researching  and it can have a big effect on what they purchase.