MacKenzie

Rotisserie Chicken

Actually what I meant in my "continental" comment was I prefer mayonnaise over ketchup on my fries.

You definitely scared me away with that comment. Chicken gravy, beef gravy, pork gravy etc ........ That's the way to rock out fries. Of course they have to start out extra crispy so you have a creamy outside with a crunch then smooth potato inside. Dang it I'm making myself hungry.

Deep fried in a pan, but I started with frozen fries. You will love sous vide once you get into it. :)

I'll second that! It's such a useful tool that allows you to do some amazing cooks. Especially with a KK to finish the food with a high temp sear!

Personal favs for sous vide are duck confit (just ate again tonight in a salad) and (surprise suprise...) tomahawk thick cut steak!!

But also eggs are easy and baby carrots are crazy tasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add another "me, too" on sous vide!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

The other thing that's amazing that no one has mentioned so far, is seafood! Salmon, sea bass, lobster, and shrimp have all be fantastic! Best way I've found to butter poach fish! 

Best poached eggs I've ever done! Only downside is that they take 50 minutes, but it's sooooo worth it! 

This chicken cook is here for the long run, the bones are in a stock pot with, onion, celery, carrot from my garden, spices and set in the oven at 180F-200F for 10-12 hours or maybe even longer.

Here is the carrot from my garden, guess I won't be sous videing any baby carrots this year. :)

5ftZEpR.jpg

I let the stock brew in the oven most of the night, I'm about to strain it. It does smell gooood. That is another thing about natural chickens that I like, stock without all the added chemicals.:)

I couldn't resist the chicken stock pixs. The total time in the oven was 15-16 hours at 180F-200F. Managed to get 10 C of stock. Strained it through a metal stainer and right now I'm waiting for the fat to rise to the top.

OhzeWQn.jpg

The dregs;) from which all this goodness came.:)

eJTe4tG.jpg