MacKenzie

Rotisserie Chicken

Did a 7 pound rotisserie chicken today. Started hotter than usual for me, 425F and after half an hour started to close down the vents to drop the temp. to 350F.

Sprinkled inside and out with granulated garlic, onion powder and black pepper with some summer savory added inside the cavity.

DUd9vvZ.jpg

Roasted.

ITEgGaT.jpg

Plated.

mo5izUx.jpg

• Like 1

Wilbur, it took most of the cook but I didn't let the KK heat sink at all. If I remember correctly I put the chicken in when the grill hit 400F and the top was open for some time while I fitted the rotisserie in so the temp went to 425F and then within 15 mins. I closed down the vent some and after half an hour I closed them down significantly. The cook last about 2.75 hours and the temp was 350F but I didn't check it much in between. I will do this method next time and pay more attention as I did like the results.:) 

Thanks, PJ. Those beets were fresh from my garden and the peas are also from the same garden.:)

I made, as I also ways do, a hot chicken sandwich from the leftovers. Tomorrow more sour dough on the KK as I've just used the last pieces for today's dinner.

rI6kRxs.jpg

Plated.

rPw82Ao.jpg

that looks incredible.  In all honesty, perhaps the best skin on any bird that I have ever seen !!!

You know that not many people do the sandwiches.  I love after the holiday cooks to have left over turkey for turkey sandwiches.  I add in some mushrooms with the peas. 

Hot turkey/chicken sandwiches reminds me of my childhood, my family and the holidays!!! 

It is the time of the year to get the garden cleaned up as a result I've take all the squash into the house and decided to bake this one on Pebbles:)

Scooped out he seeds and stringy bits, added some maple syrup, butter and pepper. Covered with foil and it's now on the grill until cooked. The grill is just warming up to the 350-400F range for the cook and the squash is on the lower rack.

khmh4Uw.jpg