ckreef

A Shout Out To KK Employees

I know they probably don't read the forum but hopefully Dennis can pass the word.

I think we need to give a shout out to all the KK Employees. Dennis has a great group of very talented craftsman who obviously take pride in the work they do. You can see that in the welds, laying of the tiles, custom cutting tiles to fill the little gaps, the grout work, etc... - their skill and the pride in their work is evident in everything KK .

In this day and age where most everything you buy is mass produced by the lowest paid worker a company could hire it is nice to own something where craftsmanship and pride shines through. A lost art these days.

And lets not forget his office and support staff. You may get to Dennis directly when you call but there is somebody behind the scenes keeping everything rolling smooth.

• Like 2

I think what finally won me over to "the dark side" besides the wonderful customer service I experienced with Dennis was the fact that they make them by the each (if that makes sense).  They don't have a mass produced assembly line/mechanical line.  Each KK is hand made and they all come out looking amazing!!!

I also love the fact that I don't read about quality control issues etc everyday.  Design it well, build it right and it will always last !!!

I would love to see a piece on his staff one day.  I am so fascinated right now with the entire shipping process.  His staff crated my grill up to withstand a war!!!

Thank you for the kudos.. I'm at the factory today and will pass this on in the morning meeting. Trust me we are very much human here and have made every possible mistake over the years.. In fact the first 5-6 years our problems were our education and feedback but as long as we learned from them, the problems were a positive step forward.. We were treading unknown waters, using materials in new ways and definitely not in ways they were originally designed for.  But I really loved the challenges and early work on the grills.. I would lay awake at night dreaming of new things we could do and better ways to fabricate the grills.. (still do;-)

Trust me these are very much hand made from the molds all the way thru and while I strive for great fit and finishes.. we are constantly finding little things that need improvement.. The lip and CNC metal work was digitally created but even the bodies were hand shaped using templates I generate in my mac.. not using CAD programs.. in fact I've always used CANVAS since the early 90's for all my furniture and grill design..

My customer service got away from me last year.  I get from 20-60 emails a day on average.. it's really easy to get behind.  I really dropped the ball in a few cases.. I simple just got buried.. 

I now use a text expander and have scores of bottled replies that I can quickly insert and I use Dragon Dictate and try to limit my typing to correction the mistakes..  I've also turned the corner admitted I needed help.. (giving up control is tough) cried out for help and now have a young man Hartono who hammers out customer service issues for me full time as well as two gals in the factory who now handle all the spare parts and UPS.  We have a new inventory system that is integrated into the webstore and fulfillment warehouse..we have almost worked out the kinks.. it's months late rolling out but we should soon have all spares and accessories live. We've also recently installed Zendesk a customer service application that collects data from both the chat and emails and lets me sort, delegate follow progress on them in one simple page.

Hopefully these steps will ensure that customer's needs will be handled in a timely manner.. 
Once again thank you from all of us sat KK for your patience, support and help over the years..

I know they probably don't read the forum but hopefully Dennis can pass the word.

I think we need to give a shout out to all the KK Employees. Dennis has a great group of very talented craftsman who obviously take pride in the work they do. You can see that in the welds, laying of the tiles, custom cutting tiles to fill the little gaps, the grout work, etc... - their skill and the pride in their work is evident in everything KK .

In this day and age where most everything you buy is mass produced by the lowest paid worker a company could hire it is nice to own something where craftsmanship and pride shines through. A lost art these days.

And lets not forget his office and support staff. You may get to Dennis directly when you call but there is somebody behind the scenes keeping everything rolling smooth.

I concur. I would add as well that it takes strong leadership, foresight and an employer who is a good motivator.