ckreef

Italian Chicken Rolls

Chicken Thigh Rolls stuffed with tomato and mozzarella, on a bed of angel hair pasta with a creamy, Italian tomato sauce, served with a side salad.

We start with chicken thighs.

00ff19b2d2b2f1e8e4794017318bedb6.jpg

Remove the skin, gently scrape the underside of it and trim it up. Save for later.

Debone the thighs, pound flat and trim them up.

5df3cdaaa357d2d0b1fdae90f96470e1.jpg

Stuff with herbs, Mozzarella cheese, and crushed, Italian stewed tomatoes.

2abc501ab43e3ddc9ce786bb91906ef5.jpg

36048a7f8b45bf29f65b5ea7681ab33f.jpg

Add the skin back on and tie off. Lightly oiled, fresh grated Italian seasoning and paprika.

462f0c4037bc0865f846d4c292c853cb.jpg

d68ff89a85afe2ee3aa64096d09492f5.jpg

a1f588b7c78fe44d9299e569ddd9ca63.jpg

On Prometheus.

211c88c76564292297fbf991f0f7d16d.jpg

A complete pain in the ass but it was Damm Good - LOL

fa18aa6265c272b12878382a9027e3bc.jpg

0595ff698e4ddbe001c03b4308e8c577.jpg

Thanks everyone it was a tasty meal for sure. I would do it again but it won't be often.

This is the first time I've tried adding heavy cream to Spaghetti sauce. I wanted something a bit different. I really liked it. I'll definitely do a creamy Spaghetti sauce in the future.

I always wondered why some Italian red sauces were almost pink...then I went and did my own lasagna from scratch one day and the recipe called for the heavy cream...wah la...pink sauce.  I love it that way.  Great looking cook, looks like it would have required some patience with the butchers twine.

looks like it would have required some patience with the butchers twine.

I use to do single strands/individual loops when tying something up. Then I started doing the continuous loop method. It took some practice but now my fingers know the motions and I can whip through it pretty quickly.

Great looking cook, ckreef.

Instead of tying up the chicken, try Transglutaminaze, aka meat glue. I've been playing with it and it makes some things like this much easier, in particular, wrapping things in bacon - no toothpicks or twine.

Love to do vodka cream tomato sauce for pasta. I try to be healthy and use half-n-half with sour cream or yogurt.

Great looking cook, ckreef.

Instead of tying up the chicken, try Transglutaminaze, aka meat glue. I've been playing with it and it makes some things like this much easier, in particular, wrapping things in bacon - no toothpicks or twine.

Love to do vodka cream tomato sauce for pasta. I try to be healthy and use half-n-half with sour cream or yogurt.

I have heard of meat glue but have no idea where to find it.

Tell more about the vodka cream tomato sauce. Can I just pour my adult beverage in it? - LOL - I mainly drink vodka.

What an excellent meal. That would have cleaned up in the heritage challenge, good thing for me your not Italian.

Funny thing is tinyfish most of my none challenge cooks work out better and look better than the challenge cooks. I think I try to hard. I keep telling myself to relax and let the challenge cook flow - never seems to work that way. My family generally hates challenge night - I just get into spastic mode - LOL

Funny thing is tinyfish most of my none challenge cooks work out better and look better than the challenge cooks. I think I try to hard. I keep telling myself to relax and let the challenge cook flow - never seems to work that way. My family generally hates challenge night - I just get into spastic mode - LOL

I hear you. May do my challenge cook tomorrow.

I have heard of meat glue but have no idea where to find it.

Tell more about the vodka cream tomato sauce. Can I just pour my adult beverage in it? - LOL - I mainly drink vodka.

Here's the link to get the TG from Amazon - 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EIGV7MC?keywords=transglutaminase%20meat%20glue&qid=1445369780&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Simply take your favorite tomato pasta sauce (homemade or jarred) then just add the vodka (a good shot) and some whipping cream (half & half, sour cream, plain yogurt also work) at the end, heat just long enough to bring back to simmering temperature, then serve over your favorite pasta. For dramatic flare, you can wait and flame the vodka at the end!