ckreef

Crock Pot Pork Roast

The initial ingredients including a baby wild hog ham. Everything in the crock pot and down in Prometheus.

88a21b1900e631a042e3b0a00f8dd756.jpg33448fc30394c0fe44ecab9cfd01c73d.jpgacd50344c32991a750a46145f5448e5f.jpg

After 2 hours I added some baby red potatoes.

15595b27d600ad5893b5ac0b9d030d67.jpgf505d2ec595c41ae4fc3af3030b15569.jpg

After 3 hours I added some green peppers.

f4d1374d9f7f1e834f1774d37ef9d0e7.jpgedabd4c2449ab62e85793bdee73291f6.jpg

Total time 4 1/2 hours at 275*. Dinner is ready.

0935fff60810ffc178e33b996959be51.jpg

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 1

Delicious, ck and those veggies look oh so tasty.:)

In the past when I've done this type of cook I would just dump everything in at the beginning and let it ride. The problem with that is - although the carrots, celery and onions can take it, the potatoes would get really soft and start to break up, the green peppers would basically vanish.

So for this cook I decided to stager the vegetables by how long I think they needed to cook based upon a total cook time in the 4 hour range. Wow what a difference that makes. All the vegetables were cooked properly and nothing was mush. This was one of my best pot roast cooks to date. I will use the vegetable stager method from now on.

Great cook, ckreef. How do you like that "Crock Pot" brand enamel covered DO? I have noticed them for the first time for sale at our Fred Meyers...they seem like they are a bit less expensive than Lodge enameled CI...

I love it. Cheaper than Lodge. I will only buy and use ceramic coated CI DO's. So much easier to clean/maintain. Not sure about the warranty but cheap enough so who cares.

As a side benefit, it makes a really kewl crock pot picture - LOL

Edited by ckreef

I'm not finding that Crock Pot brand Dutch oven on Amazon nor on the Crock Pot website.

If I remember correctly I got that at Bed Bath and Beyond. That day I was on a mission to buy a Lodge ceramic coated DO. The 3 or 4 local stores that sell Lodge only had them in red and red just wasn't going to compliment my Terra Blue KK (Yea I know that's silly). I then went into BB&B and saw that one and knew it was for me. They make three different sizes and comes in a few different colors. A little cheaper than Lodge. I'm happy with the purchase and will eventually own the other sizes.

Charles, I have you to thank for my new acquisition!😊fe4546f1fcfc98a887237b7d88709020.jpg

Check out this scream in' deal...regularly $80 at my local Fred Meyer (I have been stalking them since you posted), today RANDOMLY the had the on 50% off...PLUS I have a 25% off open cookware AND. A bonus coupon for 10% off home items grand total at checkout....$27USD!!!!:) I am a happy KK'er! Thank you!!!!

Way to go, PJ! 

I did similar here. One of our local department stores does an annual sale to benefit charities. You buy a coupon book from you favorite charity for $5, charity keeps all the money, and you get to use all the coupons during the sale. I scored a Ruff Hewn 3 Qt red enamel DO for $32 after the sale price and my coupons! 

http://www.younkers.com/sc1/brands/ruff-hewn-45479/home/ruff-hewn-3-qt-cast-iron-casserole-pan-536600.html