ckreef

CI Cheese Crusted Steaks

This cook is dedicated to @tomahawk66

CI griddle heat soaked at 570*

f3bed9042f291e45120da604fbab793d.jpg

1" thick NY strip steaks for 1 1/2 minutes per side.

3e94609bcfa8e9c7e4e8088b2d79f963.jpg

2 steaks put in a room temperature ceramic pie pan and covered with a cheese mixture of tomato/basil feta cheese, Panko plain bread crumbs and a little mayonnaise to hold it all together.

48163de980803fbc8c09715d0b5296bd.jpg

Put in the oven broiler about 1" below the coil for about 1 minute.

d2d575310d8ab896103168b6fa7ab8b5.jpg

A nice rare cheese crusted NY strip. If you want md rare go 2 minutes per side on the CI

aad3c98a4aa50fcad3a0b40c9c2c20a3.jpg

Best steak I've done in a while but that's not saying a lot because I haven't done a decent steak in a while.

ck, that topping looks interesting, please make one steak medium for me, yum yum :)

Me and Mrs skreef really love cheese crusted steaks. We have our formula down after many steak experiments (tough job eating all those less than perfect steak experiments - LOL)

These were a little more rare than I normally go but my son loves them this rare and me and Mrs skreef can deal with it in a pinch. Actually they sort of melted in your mouth, not much chewing needed.

Killer cheesy goodness!

Have you ever done one with blue cheese crumbles??

Absolutely have done them with blue cheese.

Our favorite formula is:

2 parts feta cheese

1 part blue cheese

1 part panko bread crumbs

1/2 - 1 part mayonnaise

We've tried all blue cheese but that can be a little over powering. We've also tried just plain cheese (feta or blue) without the panko and mayo but it doesn't crust as nice. The panko and mayo addition makes it more creamy with a little texture and crusts up beautifully.

• Like 1