dstr8

Best way to roast peppers...

Before graduating to my KK a few years ago I used to roast peppers over my big gas SS bbq.   The difference in ease of peeling the charred skin, quickness getting the peppers effectively and completely charred (which retains the firmness of the pepper's flesh) to the "no contest", more in-depth flavor including smokiness without being "smoked", of the roasted and peeled peppers is without compare.

However, I'm not telling this gang anything you don't already know :)

Dan

post-1238-0-18340600-1455072186_thumb.jp

^ FWIW I am using the One Grill Roti basket system and really like it.

Are you using the 32" x 1/2" hexagon kit? Then use the KK motor mount and KK motor adapter.

I understand you could cut the rod to the correct length. On the left side did you take a grinder to it to make it round? My right side needs hexagon but my left side needs round.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

CK, the One Grill system I am using does not utilize a straight through skewer but rather two short sections on either side of the basket assembly. 

The "code" that is on my order confirmation from Brian at One Grill is:  5PB814

This included the OneGrill 8" Performer Stainless Basket System, Motor Side Drive Rod support rod (10" 5PDR-10) and 10" Support Rod Handle End (5PR-10).  The motor bracket comes from Dennis.  I also purchased a 110v motor from One Grill however I can't find a receipt/invoice so I can't provide the model # for you; recommend calling Brian at One Grill.  

FWIW and I believe the newer grills are a little different in that I had to shim the motor bracket considerably to get it to be square to the skewer transfer socket on the KK.  It wasn't a big deal but I do remember needing to be creative to get the entire assembly all in one plane.  

Here is a Dropbox link to a couple videos I made after I installed the One Grill system...frog shoes and all :D

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m0lzulqdxj37s0y/AAAtEwLyXu-aJIHz-NwMlOPca?dl=0