MacKenzie

Shakshuka with KK Bacon

I found this while looking up the Parmesan Stacked Potatoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=618QsMaVXp8&feature=iv&src_vid=OLUkj1At-GQ&annotation_id=annotation_3926913251

BTW I used hot paprika.:)

Here is the tomato sauce with the eggs added.

6J2G0TF.jpg

Eggs are just done.

SibJ5cr.jpg

Plated with a side of KK breakfast bacon and a sprinkle of cheese and a little parsley.

mhfwwza.jpg

Shakshuka – Eggs in Tomato Sauce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=618QsMaVXp8&feature=iv&src_vid=OLUkj1At-GQ&annotation_id=annotation_3926913251

I copied the recipe from the web site and here it is.

1 medium diced onion

Cook for about 5 mins. until onion starts to soften.

1 medium red bell pepper diced.

2 diced garlic cloves.

Cook 5-7 mins until pepper softens.

30g (2T) tomato paste, stir in.

2- 400g (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes – stir in.

Add:

1t cumin

1t paprika

1t chili powder

1t sugar

Salt and pepper

Allow to simmer over medium heat for 10-15 mins until it starts to reduce.

Make little holes for 6 eggs and drop them into the sauce.

Cover and cook 10-15 mins. until the eggs are done. Sprinkle on fresh parsley and serve.

I made this last night except I used Italian seasonings instead and added some mushrooms to the sauce. I served it with a small cheese crusted steak. Sort of a steak and eggs dinner.

I really liked it and the flavors were fantastic. Unfortunately I overcooked the eggs for my liking. I want my eggs to have a runny or at most creamy yolk. These yolks were hard yellow. Both Hawke and Mrs skreef was happy with the yolks but I consider it a failure because of the yolks. It was an easy weeknight cook.

I also forgot to take an in pan picture so I skipped pictures all the together. Will make this again soon so I can get some decent pictures with runny/creamy yolks.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Edited by ckreef

I made this last night except I used Italian seasonings instead and added some mushrooms to the sauce. I served it with a small cheese crusted steak. Sort of a steak and eggs dinner. I really liked it and the flavors were fantastic. Unfortunately I overcooked the eggs for my liking. I want my eggs to have a runny or at most creamy yolk. These yolks were hard yellow. Both Hawke and Mrs skreef was happy with the yolks but I consider it a failure because of the yolks. It was an easy weeknight cook. I also forgot to take an in pan picture so I skipped pictures all the together. Will make this again soon so I can get some decent pictures with runny/creamy yolks. Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Hint, hint, hint - got to get an Anova SV immersion circulator to turn out perfect eggs, Charles! Just sayin'!!

Hint, hint, hint - got to get an Anova SV immersion circulator to turn out perfect eggs, Charles! Just sayin'!!

I understand and one day I'll get one.

But this cook wasn't about the perfect egg. This was just a really good tasting cook with the tomato sauce. I didn't need a perfect egg I just didn't want hard yellow yolks.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT