Izzy

Through serendipity, I stumbled into the KK 32

I am beginning to get frustrated.  Whenever I call the carrier, it's always a long wait.  Guess what?  My phone number was off by one digit.  I am not sure how they got the wrong number for me.  They corrected it twice and yet, when I checked the status online, it said "Attempting to set Delivery Appointment".  I am not sure what that means.  I did not see any missed calls.  Now, I am beginning to think that I won't even have it in time for the 4th.  I'm really beginning to lose patience.

Logistically running a transport company is a huge effort there are so many variables to contend with .sounds like it's clerical or they have a backlog . I would not stress to much .I know the 4th is a huge event so I would ring them for a quote on a delivery they answer the phone fast on those then equire about your delivery te

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill♨

you are going to have a busy Friday ripping that sucker apart.  Just an FYI, those KKs are so well packaged it is like opening a giant apple product.  Every time you get something open, there is 5 more things inside that you need to open.  

Can't wait to see the photos and hear your initial thoughts.  

I can honestly tell you that when I went to the warehouse to arrange shipping, I was in disbelief that they were mine.  They looked so spectacular in person compared to the online photos.  I have a feeling that you will have the exact same feeling come over you when you see this dropped off at your house Friday

Houston, we have a problem.  I was looking on the KK site and saw the following dimensions for the Big Bad 32:  46x46x 59".  We have wrought iron fence  and the gates do not exceed 37".  I have called my welder to come take down part of the fence in the back so the crate will be able to get through tomorrow.  I am waiting to hear something back.  Does anyone know if the carrier will assist  in getting it to the yard?

• Like 1

+1^

My delivery guy was the most accommodating person on the face go the planet.  If you want the guy to drop the crate on the side of the house, you'll need a couple of sheets of 5/8" Oriented Strand Board.  It's generally cheaper and stronger than plywood.  After he finished pleasing where you want, I'd slip him a couple of Benjamins.  Always does the trick for me.

I received my grill today!  This thing is awesome!  It is BIG!  A couple of guys who helped me plus the carrier guy were simply in awe of this grill.  They had never seen anything like it.  I can't wait to test it out on Sunday or Monday!

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4823.jpg

• Like 2

that colour is spectacular!  I really think that it pops in its location.  

The side of boxed goodies will keep you busy for days on end lol.  That looks like you ordered just about everything and some

I am dying to see more photos and hear your initial thoughts.  Everything you expected and more? worth the wait? 

I have a software release scheduled for next week and the past couple of weeks have been extremely hectic, more so this week.

On another note, my wife just saw the grill a few minutes ago and then immediately rushed back inside to grab her camera.  When she came back out, she handed me the camera and asked me to start shooting.  I took about eight pictures of her standing by the KK 32 and the accessories and two pictures of her standing between the KK 32 and the oval.  Afterwards, she said that oval which she likes a lot could not remain under the gazebo next to this new grill because the new grill was making it look bad.  She even said that the oval now looks like something I got from Home Depot.  She asked whether I was going to give it away to someone or put it far away from the new grill and closer to the house.  She also asked whether I would have the welder build a small gazebo for the oval.  The last thing she said was  "I know how much the oval costs, I can only imagine how much new grill costs, but I don't need to know".

• Like 1

I'm incredulous!  Did you wait to test it out on your honeymoon?  ;-)

I understand that life gets in the way and you have to do what you have to do.  

That is a gorgeous KK BB!  You are going to be supremely happy with your choice and your family is going to think they have died and gone to heaven when you put that first meal on your table!  

It would seem that your wife is a very sudden convert!  I had a Primo Oval prior to my KK BB and I was proud of it just as you and your Bride were proud of yours.  But you're right, next to the KK BB that Primo Oval paled to insignificance!  

Congrats on your new KK BB!  I couldn't be happier for you and your whole family!