tinyfish

Steak dinner

Cooked some dry aged steaks for dinner tonight. Served with baked potato (microwave cooked), mushrooms and zucchini sprinkled with parmesan. 

Steaks  cooking away 

20160701_173705.jpg

My son's steak, a little over cooked for him, oh well.

20160701_180720.jpg

20160701_175835.jpg

Now my steak. I like my meat well done, so look away if that bothers you...lol. I can't be the only one that likes meat well done.

20160701_180213.jpg

Look at the smoke ring and how tender it is. It helps that these were 40 day dry aged Canadian Prime steaks.

20160701_181305.jpg

Zucchini sprinkled with parmesan after being under the broiler for a minute. 

20160701_175400.jpg

• Like 1

tinyfish, what an absolutely beautiful Canada Day cook. :)  Everything looks perfect. :smt023 :smt023I remember when I liked my steaks well done but then I bought into sous vide cooking. That will give you steaks that are as bug free as well done but the steaks have the texture and look of medium or whatever you choose. 

^+1. 

I've always been a rare-to-medium rare steak guy. Probably because the quality/grade of beef didn't lend itself to cooking to higher temps, lest it dry out and get chewy. However, I am betting that I could eat a Wagyu steak cooked to medium-well quite easily, but what a waste of all that luscious fatty goodness. YMMV

I have always been a proponent of cooking meat to the doneness that you prefer. I prefer my hamburgers medium well to well done. I know that's heresy to many people, but that's how I like them. Why would I cook my food to someone else's preferred doneness? That makes no sense. It looks like you got a good sear on those steaks.

This cook reminds me of a story.. The first thing ckreef ask me how i like my steak cooked.. I said med-rare.. He wipe his brow and said "if it was well done.. It was a deal breaker" good thing i love rare... Rare steak and a rare man... Your steaks still looks great. A very nice meal.

Mrs. Reef's Bistro

• Like 2