ckreef

Last Night and This Morning

Nice simple meal last night. The stuffed scallops were uncooked but frozen. The shrimp and steak bites were previously marinated then frozen. Fresh Chipotle Mango sizzle corn. All cooked on the KK.

5de70f38648c64e4cee94c8e4631fde5.jpg

Wanted Brunch today. French toast with a fresh mapple Blueberry syrup, bacon and scrambled eggs. Needed to turn this breakfast into brunch so we added a scoop of homemade peach ice cream - LOL

c33357fbe977197a78a6da8c646bda9b.jpg

Reef's Bistro

• Like 2

Those quick meals look absolutely delicious and I spotted that PEACH ICE CREAM right away.  :smt023 :smt023 :coffee2:

It was a half buttermilk ice cream recipe. Very creamy. Tasted good and mixed and froze right but next weekend I'll try again using more peaches. It's been a while since I brought out the ice cream maker.

Reef's Bistro

41 minutes ago, ckreef said:

It was a half buttermilk ice cream recipe. Very creamy. Tasted good and mixed and froze right but next weekend I'll try again using more peaches. It's been a while since I brought out the ice cream maker.

Reef's Bistro

Is the Peach Ice Cream from a Custard or just straight Milk/Buttermilk ?  Last week I made Dulce de Leche Ice Cream.  Now that was good !  Thank you for the idea.

Is the Peach Ice Cream from a Custard or just straight Milk/Buttermilk ?  Last week I made Dulce de Leche Ice Cream.  Now that was good !  Thank you for the idea.

Heavy cream, buttermilk, egg yolks, sugar and peaches. Touch of vanilla.

If anybody is interested I followed this recipe and used the Peach variation which is where the buttermilk comes in. I also didn't puree the peaches. Instead I used a potato masher to crush them up. Left them a bit more chunky than the recipe called for.

This recipe/technique got good reviews for not curdling the cream. My cream didn't curdle - all was good.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/07/01/dining/the-master-ice-cream-recipe.html?_r=1

Reef's Bistro

Serious surf & turf dinner. Care to share that recipe for the corn? Sounds interesting with the mango.

And who wouldn't love french toast, with bacon, and a side of peach ice cream??? :smt023

For the sizzle corn I used a Chipotle Mango vinegarette dressing. Tonight we are going to do sizzle corn using a lime vinegarette to test out the different flavor. I'll take some pictures along the way and post them later tonight or tomorrow.

Reef's Bistro

That ice cream sounds even more delicious with the buttermilk.

McKenzie I was being throwed off by the buttermilk.. I hate it and fresh cow milk is something I could do without... We had to drink fresh cow milk growing up.. We had milk cows... But back to the ice cream.. It was very good... The buttermilk made it creamy and thick.. It did need more peaches.. But I will have some for dessert tonight.. It will top off ckreef great meal hes cooking.

Mrs. Reef's Bistro

I do a Leche cake.. Its the bomb.. I bet ill love the Dulce de Leche ice cream. Where you get your recepie?

Mrs. Reef's Bistro

Serious surf & turf dinner. Care to share that recipe for the corn? Sounds interesting with the mango.

And who wouldn't love french toast, with bacon, and a side of peach ice cream??? :smt023

The corn was probably my favorite on the plate... Don't get me wrong, all was delicious... But that corn was mighty fine eating.

Mrs. Reef's Bistro