MacKenzie

Boneless Simmering Short Ribs Simmering

Thank goodness my pot arrived just in the nick of time. I was feeling rather down but now I'm feeling pretty good. That sweet smoke is awesome, it's my first experience and I'm having a nice mellow time of it all right now.

Earlier I had started my fire and was getting ready to put the meat on the grill when the big brown truck rolled up. I'm sure I had that pot out of the wrapping before the truck was out the driveway. Ran to the garage got out the bit and drill. It was amazing how easy it was to drill those 3 little holes. Added some cheery wood that I've had for a few years and put the whole thing in the KK.

The sweet smell of cherry wood is wafting around my ODK. :):):) 

Pot With Cherry Wood.jpg

Boneless Short Ribs.jpg

More pixs later.:) 

Syzygies pot worked great lots of smoke on the meat and it was perfect BUT my meat was not as tender as I would like. The cure is in the works. The leftover pieces are in the sous vide bath and that should tenderize those ribs.:)

The ribs were on the grill for about 3 1/2 hours then wrapped for an hour. Here they are just before wrapping. Lots of smoke colour.

Before Wrap.jpg

Ready to serve. :)

Simmering Ribs.jpg

Plated.

Dinner is Plated.jpg

Dinner.jpg

The ribs tasted great and had great colour but they were not as tender as I would like so the remainder of the ribs are in the sous vide bath. That should make them more tender. The flavour was fine just needed some tenderizing.

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 3