Aussie Ora

Thought I would take a lamb for a spin

Nicely done @Aussie Ora. looks killer for a week night cook. Boneless legs is the way to go. Saves the issues with carving around the bone for lamb which is a pain.

I actually like the drippings to drip onto my fire as i think it adds some flavour to the cook. There is a lot of steam/vapour created when the drippings hit the hot coals. I have always thought it would impart a bit more flavour into the cook. I could be totally wrong :) Have you tried letting it drip onto the coal or always thought the better result was to catch the drippings? 

Maybe ill have to give it a try this way.

• Like 1

Nicely done @Aussie Ora. looks killer for a week night cook. Boneless legs is the way to go. Saves the issues with carving around the bone for lamb which is a pain.

I actually like the drippings to drip onto my fire as i think it adds some flavour to the cook. There is a lot of steam/vapour created when the drippings hit the hot coals. I have always thought it would impart a bit more flavour into the cook. I could be totally wrong Have you tried letting it drip onto the coal or always thought the better result was to catch the drippings? 

Maybe ill have to give it a try this way.

I have and was not a fan especially with pork the thing did not stop hissing and I was not keen on the taste plus the oil on the leftover lump carried the taste to my next cook. I find this way to be good and keeps Ora clean

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Ora said:

I have and was not a fan especially with pork the thing did not stop hissing and I was not keen on the taste plus the oil on the leftover lump carried the taste to my next cook. I find this way to be good and keeps Ora clean

Outback Kamado Bar and Grillemoji621.png

Yeah you are spot on there with taking the taste to the next cook. Didnt quite think that part through. I now need to go and check my lump from that cook to see how much left over oil and grease there still is.  May need to burn it off before the next cook :( 

• Like 1