Hogsfan

Hi...I'm hogsfan

Technically I'm not new here but I rarely if ever posted. I've been lurking for years and years. 

After 7 years of wanting one, my wife finally made me buy a KK for my 40th Birthday present. Her only request was I get something that matches the pool. uh, yes ma'am! lol 

I see a few familiar faces from the Kamado Guru site which is nice. Glad to be joining the KK family.

Hogs - its really sad when your wife had to break one of your arms to make buy a KK! :lol:

Congrats and welcome aboard! You are in for the treat of your young 40 years. Oh, btw, happy birthday! Now my birthday wish for you is that your arm heals in time for you to uncrate your KK and get it set up on your patio!

So what size, color, accessories, etc? We have a little tradition here of naming our KKs; have you begun thinking along those lines yet?

And you MUST post pics of the uncrating, your KK in its new home, and the first cook.

Once again, welcome and congrats to you!

I bought a 23" blue one. I think it's called Cobalt blue but the website photo I have of my grill seems a little lighter than the one currently on the website so I may be wrong about the name. To be honest, I narrowed it down to three colors and then I let my wife make the final cut because I wanted us both to be happy with it. If it had been 100% my pick, I would have gotten the Terra blue but that wasn't one of her favorites so I didn't mind going with something we both liked.  We both really like what we ended up with which I think is important since we will both be looking at it for literally the rest of our lives (at least that's the plan.)

At this point, all I have is the stock photo. I'll be sure to post better pictures when it gets here, but I'm not sure when that will be. I paid yesterday via paypal but I'm not sure how long it takes those funds to settle, and I don't know how long it will take to ship out after that happens. However, whenever it does arrive, I will definitely post pictures of the unboxing. 

I have been thinking about names but haven't decided on one yet. I think I have to see her before I can name her. 

CC, just to be clear, it wasn't my hand that got slammed. However, it was the fact that this had happened to anyone...and apparently more than one...that really got me thinking about this. Also, now there is really no longer a way to know what other common customer service issues are happening. So I just decided to neutralize the problem altogether by getting the most over engineered grill in the world. lol.  

I tell Dennis that every one of his KKs is nothing less than Uncompromised Excellence! I personally think Overengineered doesn't do the KK justice.

No matter, we all know exactly what we habe from the minute we first hit that latch and watch the lid slowly and majestically rise.

I showed a dear friend TheBeast yesterday. All he could say was "Oh my!"

Hogsfan - I've always admired those Cobalt Blue KKs. We're it not for the matte black pebble finish, I'd have a Cobalt Blue sitting on the patio! Congrats to both you and your Bride!

• Like 1