DennisLinkletter

KK Smoke Generator reviewed by the Naked Whiz

14 hours ago, Troble said:

Nice review. Although I’m getting longer than 5 hours of smoking on mine. I’m currently at 7 hours with more fuel left to burn 

Are you using pellets? After reading the review it appears that pellets will make the more of a mess than wood chips. It's easy to clean either way but I'm just curious as to what fuel you used.

I used my Smoke Generator for the first time over the weekend.  I filled it 1/2 full with wood chunks.  Even with the air pump set on high and both tubes hooked up to the pump, most of the smoke was coming out of the side circular vents (where you light the wood).  Not much smoke was going inside the KK.  Any ideas as to why?

I am currently warm smoking salmon. With the smoker pump set to its lowest flow rate I have all the vents at the bottom of the KK closed and the vent at the crown open 1/4 turn and the temperature at the grill is 116-118 centigrade.  I can’t get it any lower, the temp just crept up from 105 and I didn’t want to risk closing the top any more. The recipe had suggested 105 as the cooker temperature. 

I an assuming the smoke generator is pumping in a significant level of oxygen to the coals. 

Also if anyone is struggling to clean their smoke generator there are cleaning agents for coffee machines designed to remove oily build up residues and they dissolve the tarry creosote type build up. Eg Puly Caff powder. 

• Thanks 3