Stewsan

Year of the Rat

Well it's the Chinese New Years over in Asia and it wouldn't be complete without this year's new Smokin' sensation. Done in an East meets West recipe.... The "lad's" were lubed up with some extra virgin olive oil and then rubbed down with some Cavender's unsalted Greek Seasoning. The result's were.... well, I'm just glad I wasn't here for the Year of the Monkey.

StewRat.jpg

Perfect size portions?

Well Big Stew that's really "special", I'm with Mike here.. that looks ahh, yea..Ok :eek::eek:

And I must add not something I remember ever seeing in the land of Thai. Although I did see a basket of "deep fried wild jungle rats" in Indonesia once. I must no be going to the same markets as your wife.. Or did you trap them yourself?

I'm guessing you should have left the tails on.. They must be all cartilagey crunchy like chicken's feet, wouldn't you think?

Last but not least.. no shots of the finished product on the plate? Inquiring minds wanna know also how were they and will you ever eat/cook them again?

:lol::lol::lol:

Who the heck said anything about Rats????

Pq16zj6S.jpg

Haaa, just kidding, that's out little pet, Billy keeping and eye on things.

Dennis, you can only purchase these huge Rice Rats north of Bangkok, near Pichit, where they sell 'em everywhere, haven't seen them in Pattaya. They catch them in the rice paddies where they live and feed, which is one reason they are so big. The meat is white, very tender, and quite tasty. I'll post some pic's "on the plate" next time as we still have a few in the freezer. Interesting, now with the Chinese New Year's new mascot, they have started to become popular or maybe it was that new Rat movie....

Say Hi to Mike.

You know, they sorta look like they were running in formation, and got caught on the hot grill.

I'd almost rather think that they're there in the trap (to be appropriately disposed of in a landfill), than someone put them there on purpose, and intends to eat them.

I think I'm with Aussie... And Majestik and Dennis...

JD, I KNOW you're right. Corner em in the alley. "Me and the boys was wonderin if yous rats wanna go for a swim."

probably not enough brain in there

StewRat.jpg

My guess is that they would be easier to stomach if you removed their little heads first. I even prefer my chickens headless (they leave them on here) and I'd much rather have a chicken looking at me than a rat and there's probably not enough brain in there to warrant cracking it's head open!

:eek::eek::eek: