Firemonkey

Stuffed Chicken with Proscuitto

Hopefully what is to follow is enough of a 'recipe' to be allowed to stay. Sorry, there arent any measurements because I hardly ever measure ;)

Ingredients

Boneless skinless chicken breasts

Proscuitto

Stuffing:

Fresh spinach

Fresh Basil

Sour cream

Cheese (whatever you have - I used Feta, but have used Mozzarella, Asiago, Parmesan, and ricotta before.

Sun Dried Tomatoes

Pine Nuts

Minced garlic

dscn2574td3.jpg

Begin by toasting the pine nuts in a sauté pan. Remove the pine nuts and add a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Lightly saute the minced garlic for about 30 seconds, then add the fresh spinach which you have coarsely chopped. I used about twice the amount of spinach you see in the above picture

dscn2575hc0.jpg

When most of the liquid from the spinach has cooked off, add the chopped sun dried tomatoes, and a little bit of the oil from the jar. Sauté for about a minute more, and add the fresh basil.

dscn2576lo6.jpg

Add the sour cream (i used about 1/3 cup), and cheese, and stir until creamy.

dscn2578lw5.jpg

Let the mixture cool to room temp and stuff into chicken breasts. I cut each chicken breast in half, and butterfly each piece. YMMV depending on the size and shape of the individual pieces. Wrap each stuffed breast in a piece of prosciutto and tie with twine to hold it all together. You can use two pieces of prosciutto if you want but be careful as it can get salty. You could use regular deli ham as a lower sodium (and budget conscious) alternative if you want :D

dscn2579xu4.jpg

Preheat the grill to about 425 and add the chicken to the upper grill. I used the sear grill in the upper position with direct heat. If you dont have an upper grill you may want to go indirect on the main grill. No pics of the inside of the grill - it was raining :)

dscn2584xz9.jpg

Roast for until the chicken is cooked through. I like to add apple wood while cooking.

dscn2587ax2.jpg

dscn2588vf0.jpg

Hey nice lookin' eats dude! Been a long time since we have seen your pink grill in a photo too! heeheheeh :roll:

-=Jasen=-

It even has smoke coming out of it :eek:

I gave it a bi-yearly cleanout cause it was growing mold- brushed and scrubbed inside with bleach water, rinsed well, then did 18 hours or so at 240* to dry it out. Took out all the metal and tried to pressure wash off the rust :eek: probably should go ahead and try to put some rutland in the cracks, too :P

... and start looking for replacememtn tiles for when all the loose ones fall off...

and...

and....

Re: Stuffed Chicken with Proscuitto

Hopefully what is to follow is enough of a 'recipe' to be allowed to stay. Sorry, there arent any measurements because I hardly ever measure ;)

Ingredients

Boneless skinless chicken breasts

Proscuitto

Stuffing:

Fresh spinach

Fresh Basil

Sour cream

Cheese (whatever you have - I used Feta, but have used Mozzarella, Asiago, Parmesan, and ricotta before.

Sun Dried Tomatoes

Pine Nuts

Minced garlic

dscn2574td3.jpg

Begin by toasting the pine nuts in a sauté pan. Remove the pine nuts and add a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Lightly saute the minced garlic for about 30 seconds, then add the fresh spinach which you have coarsely chopped. I used about twice the amount of spinach you see in the above picture

dscn2575hc0.jpg

When most of the liquid from the spinach has cooked off, add the chopped sun dried tomatoes, and a little bit of the oil from the jar. Sauté for about a minute more, and add the fresh basil.

dscn2576lo6.jpg

Add the sour cream (i used about 1/3 cup), and cheese, and stir until creamy.

dscn2578lw5.jpg

Let the mixture cool to room temp and stuff into chicken breasts. I cut each chicken breast in half, and butterfly each piece. YMMV depending on the size and shape of the individual pieces. Wrap each stuffed breast in a piece of prosciutto and tie with twine to hold it all together. You can use two pieces of prosciutto if you want but be careful as it can get salty. You could use regular deli ham as a lower sodium (and budget conscious) alternative if you want :D

dscn2579xu4.jpg

Preheat the grill to about 425 and add the chicken to the upper grill. I used the sear grill in the upper position with direct heat. If you dont have an upper grill you may want to go indirect on the main grill. No pics of the inside of the grill - it was raining :)

dscn2584xz9.jpg

Roast for about 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. I like to add apple wood while cooking.

dscn2587ax2.jpg

dscn2588vf0.jpg

As I said, You da man!

;)