DennisLinkletter

Online Poll for new KK logo at DesignCrowd

HELP..

I'm using a online service to come up with a new logo for Komodo Kamado..

Will you please give me your feed back on these?
Thanks in advance!

I've asked the artist that made the first one with the red flame in the KK to make it in all caps too..

http://www.designcrowd.com/vote/iveoutsourcedlogodesignworkvotingformyexistinggrillsmokerwebsitebusinessvotingpoll

• Like 1

I think the red fire makes the logo too similar to the Kamado Joe logo, given that KJ has gone all in with red being their signature color. Also, there isn’t an easily available option for a red KK grill at this time.

That was my first thought but then I looked at their page and saw it was completely different.. If the KK grill itself was red I would agree but it's a red flame.. and the two logos look nothing like the other, they also have no flame..

That was my first thought but then I looked at their page and saw it was completely different.. If the KK grill itself was red I would agree but it's a red flame.. and the two logos look nothing like the other, they also have no flame..

To my eye, the two logos aren’t identical, but they aren’t completely different, either.

FWIW, my wife has a marketing/advertising background, and her opinion was that although you could make the case that a red flame is different from a red grill, if you’re looking to create separation in a customer’s mind between the two brands, it’s best to not have any elements that are similar to the other brand’s logo.

16944000381_8abc8422cd_c.jpg

Just goes to show you; my design choice is running dead last.

To be honest, none of them tripped my trigger and made want to know more about the product. I would have liked my design choice better if it showcased some of the bolder KK tile colors over that pale blue. The tile colors separate the KK from the pack in catching your eye and why I didn't give the designs with black grills higher marks - too generic. 

The design in 1st place is great for designing stationery and business cards - very clean, professional; but doesn't grab your eye for marketing.

The flame designs are too kitschy and remind me of bad Mongolian BBQ restaurant signs. 

The one with the asian symbols/text on it doesn't evoke BBQ grill, but something for doing Asian cooking.

My extremely opinionated 2 cents!

To my eye, the two logos aren’t identical, but they aren’t completely different, either.

FWIW, my wife has a marketing/advertising background, and her opinion was that although you could make the case that a red flame is different from a red grill, if you’re looking to create separation in a customer’s mind between the two brands, it’s best to not have any elements that are similar to the other brand’s logo.

16944000381_8abc8422cd_c.jpg

With this font it's absolutely a no go .. I though you were talking about this one..

post-2-0-46020300-1427495687_thumb.jpg

Perhaps if you made the flames orange or yellow? Also, you could italicize the font so that it has a slant, similar to the right side of the KK. Make Komodo bold, but use regular or a shadow font for "amado." This would emphasize the uniqueness of Komodo. Just a couple of ideas. This is not my area of expertise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk