MacKenzie

Wilburpan Wing Dinner

I just finished my second attempt at Wilbur Wings, mixed up a small batch of baking powder, granulated garlic, pepper and salt, about 50:50 BP and the rest. This time the salt was under control:)

Wings on the grill at 400F for 40 mins.

h9YP0ur.jpg

Grilling Wings.

cwRC8HE.jpg

Just off the grill.

iVcYWf1.jpg

Plated with baked potato and kale greens. Dipping sauce was Stonewall Kitchen Pomegranate.

ynF8S34.jpg

Dipping wings-

hx0FviK.jpg

• Like 1

Nice job, MacKenzie! I'm down with the Wilbur method of dusting chicken now!

Did some fried chicken for dinner last night (rained most of the day here, so no BBQ  :sad10: ). So, I did a little comparison - breast was dusted with corn starch, leg and thigh was dusted in baking powder. Both were seasoned with SuckleBusters SPG (Salt, Pepper, Garlic) rub. Let rest for about 20+ minutes. Dunked in egg wash with Sriracha, then rolled in panko. (Next time, I'm going to try the pork rind crust - can't bloody wait!). Then, pan fried in my CI skillet using coconut oil at about 390F. Nice crispy skin/crust on all the pieces. Hard to tell the difference between the cornstarch and baking powder ones with the panko thing going on. Will repeat this experiment on the KK next time, without the breading and see if I can tell a difference.