ckreef

Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs

As the title says Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs with Green Peppers.

I needed a few meatballs and some Spaghetti sauce for a future cook. So I decided to cook it up tonight and in the process cook dinner also.

Semi homemade Spaghetti sauce (jazzed up canned tomatoes) and homemade Italian meatballs.

So here goes.

Semi cooked Pasta, some extra water, Spaghetti sauce and Meatballs.

a2c2d54d9178e2ef2166aa5179ce72f3.jpg

Sliced mozzarella/provolone cheese and green peppers.

e000ca94a018e0e28feee3e20318ce27.jpg

Cooked on the KK.

2071e7316b462ae72b5c767379e007c5.jpg

Yummy - look for some of these ingredients in a very near cook.

4bb428b8d3f6e0647402653784b27e6a.jpg

I love how the cheese drapes and browns over the meatballs and the pop of green. How long did it take and at what temp.?

Since everything was basically cooked beforehand I really just needed for the cheese to melt and brown up a little. I put it in at 350* and set the vents so the temperature would slowly climb. By the time it got to 425* it was ready. Maybe 20 minutes.

Is that a Pyrex plate/bowl? I need to get some of those to cook the more juicy dishes.

Just a cheapie ceramic pie pan from Walmart - less than $10. Cleans up real easily.

I've used genuine Pyrex glass in th the kamado before but it is way harder to clean in the end. Lately I'm into ceramic or ceramic coated dishes (baking pans, DO etc....)