tony b

Happy Halloween

Yeah, I know it's tomorrow, but the party that I'm going to is tonight, so I thought I'd post some pics and stuff.

Taking 3 of my beers - a Double IPA (Pliny clone), a Pumpkin Ale, and a Nut Brown Ale. There should be other good beers there from my homebrew club buddies.

I'm ready for my closeup Mr. DeMille!

post-975-0-33026300-1446237832_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, the food!

Wine Crisp apples (local) with fresh sage, wrapped in artisan bacon, glazed with bourbon and maple syrup, and dusted with Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head. Indirect on the KK @ 375F for about 20 minutes.

post-975-0-68214200-1446237953_thumb.jpg

Money shot.

post-975-0-61281100-1446237983_thumb.jpg

Treat or Treat, ya'll!!! 

I love Halloween, have fun ya all, let's eat, drink and be scary. I always place a projector and project video images of haunting, howling, evil laughing faces onto a fine spray mist of water. It scares the dickens out of the kids, because the mist moves with the wind. It is so cool and very ghostly!

Tony, you went all out with that costume...even so far as to dye your beard grey!! It actually matches the color of mine. Your food looks delicious.

Dennis, you can put that picture in your ads and say "buy a Komodo from me or we'll kill you!"  Mackenzie, that looks like a studio shot. Is that really you?? 

Same here I get from 0 to 8 kids but the one's that do come get some great treats. I buy full size chocolate bars, chips and gum. I let take 4 to 6 pieces each.

Funny story. Last year I only had one group of 5 kids so I let them take 6 pieces each of their choice. As the kids ran back to their waiting mini van all excited there was one small kid about 5 years old I would guess that didn't come to the door. The other kids must have told and shown him what he missed out on. I started to close my front door then I hear yelling "wait mister wait" it was the five year old running up the driveway to get his fill of goodies.

Tony, you went all out with that costume...even so far as to dye your beard grey!! It actually matches the color of mine. Your food looks delicious.

I wish, Poochie, but it's really that color!

Thanks, the apple bacon snacks were a hit at the party. Lots of great beers, too, as I had the hangover to prove it this morning!  :sad4: