ckreef

Cedar Wrapped Mahi-mahi

I had a few small Mahi-mahi fillets so I made the best of it.

Mrs skreef decided to use the heated up KK to bake some homemade chocolate chip cookies before the main course went on. Sort of like a residual heat cook but on the way up instead of afterwards.

0ed11eac57123754faed9b093e855a9b.jpg

Cedar wrap soaked in lemon water. Mahi-mahi fillet, S&P, sprig of dill and lemon slices.

012056a47a73bfe5a5dbdcc4fea2d432.jpg

Three bundles of goodness waiting to go.

d1dc32be0b0ba898af0674e57a58a69f.jpg

Cooking on Cassiopeia, indirect at 410* for 8 minutes.

39ad72eb181e61fe70d0147e5953b086.jpg

Light, flakey and moist but we're not done yet .....

053e685ec0f4147d0cab8a9c4429997c.jpg

Topped with a parmesan cheese crust then popped into the broiler for a few moments.

54aeb95de485a27f8c4c99594856aed3.jpg

Parmesan crusted Mahi-mahi served on a bed of mini bow-ties with a fresh lemon dill sauce and sprinkled with lemon zest.

1e10c18c955a7f4103dfef1240b87bd9.jpg

Mrs skreef thought it was the second best fish dinner I have ever cooked for her. Second only to the whole grilled black tilapia cook.

I thought it was one of the very best fish dinners I have ever cooked in my entire life. It really was that good. The parmesan crust and lemon dill sauce took it way over the top.

It's meals like this that's ruining my taste for the mundane.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Thanks everyone very yummy.

I got the Cedar wraps at either Kroger or Walmart can't remember I've had these last few a little while. Came in a flat pack with 8 or 10 wraps plus the same amount of butchers twine.

I'll buy another pack soon. Works good for asparagus too.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Bravo! BRAVO! Any very fine cook on the KK, Charles. You and Suzanne tag teamed this one very nicely. Kudos to you both!

You don't happen a left over cookie or two your could send to OKC, do you? Yeah, that's about what I thought. :lol:

CC..This is the time of the Year Cookies are sent out...lol....But it will have to be a new batch..Chewy Chocalate Chips goes in this House.