Shuley

First week night “grilling” session

So even though it was a “workday” I didn't go to work because my son had to have an absessed tooth pulled.  I still made dinner in a pretty quick way but have myself a little extra play time to get used to “grilling” in my new grill.  Or was surprisingly easy to get it to 350 and it stayed between 350-400 during the duration of the cook.  Simple pollo asado and corn on the cob.  The chicken was for tacos.I went outside to check the temp and was met with this..

finishing up....
7c10c037d693ce938f264867c61818b0.jpgthe chicken just looked so good.  And Finally, wrapped in a tortilla with my famous chipotle sauce (just kidding it's super easy but my husband goes nuts for it)  cheese, tomato, lettuce, chicken, and just a hint of vinegar bbq sauce.  It may have just been in my head but it seemed moister to me.  Oh and I made a garlic lemon cumin butter for the corn.  Delicious and easy dinner!

20160531_174750.jpg

20160531_180717.jpg

20160531_182701.jpg

Edited by Shuley
  • Like 2

@Shuley - very nicely done chicken and I love that money shot!  Like @ckreef says, chicken on the KK is just impossible to screw up.  I should know … I try all the time to screw up chicken and haven't done it yet! :)

I hope your son's trip to the dentist was as uneventful as an extraction can be and that he heals quickly.  

Kudos and congrats on a wonderful cook!  I like that I'm seeing a little soot on the inside of that KK.

one thing that you will notice is that because the fire pit to grill distance is greater than the standard ceramic, you will never burn food and the moisture due to less air flow will create far moister meats.  

This looks great!  

recipe for chipotle sauce please!

• Like 1