ckreef

Best Bike Trophy

Local BBQ cook-off with car and bike show. Spent 4 hours last night giving it a final polish then entered it in the show this morning. Won the highest bike award - Best Bike.

This was my first show and will probably be my last. Not a show bike but since it was a local show I wanted to support it. Maybe next year I'll take my small KK and enter the cook-off.

3eb5116d8345428e0e5380880aa2769f.jpg

Reef's Bistro

• Like 3

Charles - that is some kind of really nice ride!  The only way that bike gets any better looking is with Suzy sitting on it holding the trophy!  :sign5:

Congrats and kudos to you!  That's really a good thing you did supporting the local show and investing your time in getting your bike up to show spec.  Well done!

• Like 1

TY everyone it's a fun ride for sure. It was a first event. I wanted to support it so hopefully they do it again next year.

After seeing what people were turning in for the BBQ cook-off - Yea I could have done that. Next year I'll take Prometheus there and show them what a little grill can do compared to the huge grills they were cooking on. They were cooking 5 of everything so they could pick the best one. Get it right the first time and you only have to cook one of everything.

Reef's Bistro

• Like 4

A little late but congratulations on the win Charles.  Your bike looks great!!

That bike colour would look great on a KK.

There was some dark red with black in the last pebble samples Dennis got. It looked like a decent match. If he would have had those back then I would have gone for it.

Let's not get my brain started - I don't need a third KK. I thank cschaaf for taking the black speckled 23" out of my yard. If it would have sat long enough I would have eventually bought it.

Reef's Bistro

That would be some polishing.. Looks great.. Are those straight pipes or is there some baffle in them.

Neighbors know when you fire that bad boy up for sure!

No baffles - loud as hell. Spits flames at night. Fortunately I have kewl neighbors that live a little ways away. I also live in a county where there is no inspection or emissions test. Pay the registration fee and you get tags. I go easy on the throttle when rolling through small towns. Mainly the cops just smile and wave.

Reef's Bistro

• Like 1

Sweet looking bike!!!  (I'll race you with my 87 Suzuki 450 :smt118)   

Also nice to put a face to the name :smt023

I don't know it's a 1854 with a close ratio 5 speed and the biggest carburetor jets you can get. Way fast off the line but the Rev limiter tops it out at about 90 mph due to only 5 gears. Either way at 90 you're holding on for dear life being a rigid frame.

Reef's Bistro

• Like 1