bosco

Prosciutto arugula and balsamic pizza

I figured just in case I change my mind, I may as well make an entry cook.  

Today, I went a little different and tried something a bit different.

I made some fresh dough to start using bread flour 

I heat soaked the 23" KK and set it up with the baking stone to 450 degrees for 2 hours.  

_DSC1927.jpg

Then I formed my pizza dough and put it on the kk for 6 minutes with nothing on it.  

_DSC1925.jpg

The dough had just enough time to set and I brought it back into the house

I made a pesto using EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary and applied it to the dough.  I figured that slightly cooking the dough would allow for the pesto to not get soggy.

_DSC1926.jpg

_DSC1931.jpg

I then added some fresh mozzarella cheese that I graded and back onto the grill it went.  I let this go for about 8 minutes.  I then removed the pie from the KK baking stone, and slid it under the stone onto the direct grill where it gave a quick char for 2 min.  This just really added to the flavour of the pie.

_DSC1933.jpg

Once the cheese was golden, I brought it back inside and tore some prosciutto slices onto the cheese.  

_DSC1934.jpg

I mixed some fresh squeezed lemon, EVOO, salt and pepper to the arugula and then placed that onto the pie.  I finished it off with some slices of parmesan cheese, and a balsamic reduction that I made

_DSC1943.jpg_DSC1937.jpg_DSC1949.jpg_DSC1950.jpg_DSC1952.jpg

bosco still has it!

• Like 4

Wow, that looks great!

I use parchment paper whenever helpful without apology; my sourdough bread is about to start its bake on parchment paper. I used to use parchment paper religiously for pizza.

If one works quickly, spreading semolina flour on one's work surface is less hassle than parchment paper. I've switched.

Of course, your spectacular crust and crumb suggests a wetter dough? If you need parchment paper to pull this off, so be it!