MacKenzie

Rotisserie Ribs

Chicken is so great done on the rotisserie I thought I'd do a couple of slabs of ribs even though I don't have the correct basket for that.

They are in the grill @240F. Yesterday I sprinkled the ribs with granulated garlic, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Vacuum sealed and left overnight in the fridge.

Ribs on  Rotisserie.jpg

Ready after 4.5 hours.

Ribs Cooked.jpg

Cooked Racks of Ribs.jpg

Cut into the smaller slab.

Sliced Ribs.jpg

The more meaty slab-

Cut Ribs.jpg

Plated with some SV potato salad. Those are the first of the radish for this season and last year's peas. The ribs were perfectly seasoned for my liking and I would definitely use the rotisserie method again.  

Ribs Salad.jpg

Plated Ribs.jpg

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 3

@ dstr8,  Potato Salad - 

Dice the potatoes, sprinkle with granulated garlic, cayenne pepper, and freshly ground black pepper.

Spread in single layer and vacuum seal.

SV @ 185F for 75-90 mins, depends upon how thick the cubes are. Test by squeezing one of the cube to see if it is soft.

Remove when done and immediately put into very cold water of even better an ice bath.

Add dressing to suit and I added a little seed style mustard,  sliced fresh radish from my garden, chopped chives, diced onion, diced boiled egg  that was not used for egg slices, and some cooked peas. 

You will find the texture of the salad different than normally boiled potatoes, but in a good way, they don't mush up.

Now I'm hungry :smt046

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, dstr8 said:

Thank you MacKenzie!   Will try soon!

@ dstr8,  you are very welcome and it just occurred to me that I probably sprinkled the diced potatoes with cayenne pepper before I put them in the sous vide bath.

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 1