ckreef

Sizzle Corn w/ Rotisserie Chicken

A few nights ago we did a Chipotle Mango sizzle corn. Tonight we're going to try Zesty Lime.

7891a382feaf70a4bb4abf0801ad1d87.jpg

Brush on the marinade.

9b2b9c2d9443353940e29d70ebff65e0.jpg

Grill as desired. I like a fair amount of char.

c48b7260085e8cf113b7c05bc258459c.jpg

When you pull the corn put on a foil pan.

cad4cdc827c1a06de39fca71e6bf9a51.jpg

Cut the kernels off the Cobb. Add some butter some more marinade.

93cdd61fa0484fcab2f03d987625ec21.jpg

Dump that into your hot foil pan and allow to sizzle for a couple of minutes stirring occasionally.

ffea3731fa7937139d2cb9e6c94ea623.jpg

Of course we couldn't have just corn for dinner so we made a rotisserie chicken to go with it.

cd75a7c9daf6b8fb32ebe1c8fa314704.jpg

568255bd8370b2bc4371cfa3af4800aa.jpg

The Zesty Lime was OK but needed a heat component. The Chipotle Mango from the other night was better.

Reef's Bistro

• Like 1

That's a good lookin bird. Was it brined?

CK, that is a beautiful looking chicken, absolutely gorgeous. :smt023 :smt023

Not brined. I made a dry rub mixture of 1/2 Montreal chicken and 1/2 kickin chicken. I mixed them and ground down to a fine powder. Took some of the dry rub and mixed it with OO. Basted that on the bird. Once installed in the basket I took the rest of the dry rub and sprinkled on it.

Both me and Mrs skreef thought it was the best rotisserie chicken to date.

Reef's Bistro

Charles - there are few things that beat fresh corn done on the KK.  This is high season for corn and I'm loving it.  That is great looking corn and that chicken is beyond words.  Very nicely done.  Kudos to ya!

TY CC - we are loving the fresh corn.

Reef's Bistro

@ckreef You are in for a treat from Bosco. I just did some chicken leg quarters on Sunday, injected with the marinade he's sending you. YUMMY! 

And, if you ask nicely, he might toss in a packet or two of Poutine gravy mix! Which I put on my mashed potatoes and roasted chuck roast on Saturday! 

• Like 1

@ckreef You are in for a treat from Bosco. I just did some chicken leg quarters on Sunday, injected with the marinade he's sending you. YUMMY! 

And, if you ask nicely, he might toss in a packet or two of Poutine gravy mix! Which I put on my mashed potatoes and roasted chuck roast on Saturday! 

I've never had poutine but I love gravy on fries.

Not to start the ketchup war again but I hate ketchup on fries.

Moma tomato, Papa tomato and baby tomato were walking down the street. Baby tomato was lagging behind. Papa tomato ran back to baby tomato and stomped him, "ketchup"

OK I like Quentin Tarantino movies - had to throw out the Pulp Fiction reference.

Reef's Bistro

• Like 1