ckreef

1st Rotisserie and Duel KK Cook

this is awesome, I mean seriously awesome!!! 

Anyone that knows me from the other forum knows that I am all about the multi cookers.  I think that it is so great having multiple cookers for these exact reasons!!!!!

This dual cook is the reason I have preached owning multiple units for years!!!!!!!!!! 

Great job buddy!!!  I can't wait to see my 32 spinning the Christmas turkey and my 23 ultimate rocking out all the sides and the ham!!!

this is awesome, I mean seriously awesome!!! 

Anyone that knows me from the other forum knows that I am all about the multi cookers.  I think that it is so great having multiple cookers for these exact reasons!!!!!

This dual cook is the reason I have preached owning multiple units for years!!!!!!!!!! 

Great job buddy!!!  I can't wait to see my 32 spinning the Christmas turkey and my 23 ultimate rocking out all the sides and the ham!!!

Thanks bosco..We are still grinning ear to ear. Could'nt be more Happy with our Purchases.. Cant wait to see that Turkey.. What a massive Pic that will be.. Love Rotisserie Meats.I also got Ckreef to buy the Rotisserie Seasoning ( Can buy it at Walmart or your local grocery store). .It's so good on all Rotisserie cooks.

Thanks everyone. I couldn't help myself, I had to try out the rotisserie. And use both KK's at the same time even though last night Prometheus was almost sitting on the deck.

The rotisserie worked better than I expected but the motor I had laying around sucks. It got the job done but is week with a lot of slop in the gears. Will have to purchase a better motor soon.

It's nice to see the 19" in action so quickly. With the roti none the less. I still haven't had a chance to do the burn in yet. I only have a limited amount of free time and I've spent it doing three low and slow cooks. I have a 12lb brisket on deck for next weekend. Hopefully I'll get around to trying out the roti in the next couple of weeks and some gas cooks during the week.

It's on sale right now with free shipping if you still want the rotisserie motor. I'm 99% sure this is the motor you need, but they don't specify that it's for a Komodo any more.  The OLD code for it was 4pm05KK. But now that product is discontinued. However, the current listed motor spins in the same direction as mine does...clockwise looking into the motor. So maybe it'll work just the same.  Dennis might know for sure. If you put komodo in the search block, it returns nothing. 

Product Code: 4pm05 appears to be the new code. It has a 35 pound balanced capacity.  

Link: http://www.onegrill.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=4pm05&Search.x=0&Search.y=0

TY for the link. After reading the details that should work fine for my application. Says it can handle up to 35 lbs of an unbalanced load. Cassiopeia would never hold a 35 lb load anyway.

The motor I'm currently using does not have anti backlash gears so when the weight goes over the top it spins to th bottom and sits there waiting for the motor to catch up.

Might have to order this today.

Killing me with that roti chicken, Reefs!

I'm the opposite - bought the motor during the last sale, but haven't pulled the trigger yet to order the basket from Dennis. Don't think I'll be able to hold out too much longer! Just about got the credit cards down to a manageable level again - early Christmas shopping spike!

One Grill rotisserie motor 4pm05 arrived yesterday. Great service, ordered on Monday arrived on Wednesday. It's spinning in the correct direction. Hooked it up and gave it a dry run with a small bag of potatoes in the basket. Gears worked like they should and I had continuous/steady spinning even though it was definitely an out of balance load.

Will do another rotisserie cook within the next couple of days.

On a side note: Mrs skreef got home from work earlier than I did. She was so excited about the motor she opened it up to take a peak. I laughed hard - my how the tables are turned.