billg71

Do I really have to name my KK?

Seriously? My HiCap 22 is being delivered Tuesday, I have a place to put it, I've read the manual frontwards and backwards and I'll have 6 stout young carpenters on site to move it. I'm as prepared as I can get as far as getting it off the truck, rolled in place, burning in, etc.. But I can't for the life of me think of a name for a cooking appliance.

I just have no talent for giving names to inanimate objects, heck, I have trouble with kids and pets. My wife named both our kids(thank God), I tend to name cats either with some horrific name like "Nathaniel Hawthorne Cat"(my wife reduced it to "Catter", bless her) or just a description like "Yellow Cat".  Except for my Bronco II years ago which I nicknamed Baby Bronc my vehicles have always been what the manufacturer called them.

So is this a mandatory thing for KK owners?  Will I be shunned if I just call my grill a KK or should it be referred to as the  Supreme Hi-Cap 22 Autumn Nebula/Metallic Bronze Tweed? As I said, I'm awful at this.

I'm open to suggestions, BTW.

Thanks,

Bill

• Like 1

Bill, the only thing you have to worry about is posting pixs of the arrival and unpacking. Not having a name no problem what so ever but the pixs are  crucial.  If you fail to post them within a reasonable time frame your brand new 22 inch HiCap will be turned into a single burner gas grill. You need to post the pixs to deactivate the chip that Dennis has installed in every grill. :) 

Edited by MacKenzie

Seriously? My HiCap 22 is being delivered Tuesday, I have a place to put it, I've read the manual frontwards and backwards and I'll have 6 stout young carpenters on site to move it. I'm as prepared as I can get as far as getting it off the truck, rolled in place, burning in, etc.. But I can't for the life of me think of a name for a cooking appliance.

I just have no talent for giving names to inanimate objects, heck, I have trouble with kids and pets. My wife named both our kids(thank God), I tend to name cats either with some horrific name like "Nathaniel Hawthorne Cat"(my wife reduced it to "Catter", bless her) or just a description like "Yellow Cat".  Except for my Bronco II years ago which I nicknamed Baby Bronc my vehicles have always been what the manufacturer called them.

So is this a mandatory thing for KK owners?  Will I be shunned if I just call my grill a KK or should it be referred to as the  Supreme Hi-Cap 22 Autumn Nebula/Metallic Bronze Tweed? As I said, I'm awful at this.

I'm open to suggestions, BTW.

Thanks,

Bill

Your KK is named Dr. Tweedall. I saw it's birth certificate. Full name is Dr. Milburn P. Tweedall.

I name everything. Always have. It's mandatory. I had plenty of time for it since I spent my whole life not learning how to cook. Hoping to change that now.

That's my first post by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I blame this KK addiction on Bosco and MacKenzie...................so I named my first KK "Mac".  My next one will be called "The Big Bosco"!

Quick aside.............My sister named my Primo "The Big Black Turd" .......it didn't go over too big when I posted it on the Primo site during a naming discussion. :-D 

• Like 1

Well, I thought my KK was going to be delivered today, had a crew of 6 strong carpenters on hand to uncrate and roll into place. The truck showed up with a pallet containing 10 boxes of charcoal, 4 boxes of grill parts and that was it. :( Only thing missing was 700 lb of the 948 lb shipment...

Refused delivery so no pics. Maybe we'll do better tomorrow. Or the next day, when I won't have any help.

I'm not exactly the happiest camper right now.

Edited by billg71

Thanks for the empathy folks, it's just been one of those days. Roadrunner Transport just added on to the complications.

If I ever, ever even mention remodeling my house I pray some merciful soul with a carry permit will drop by and put one through my eye! As I said, it's been one of those days...

It is funny you should say that as Roadrunner delivered my KK on time to the Canadian border, it was then picked by DayRoss/Same day and they drove it all over the province covering about an extra 1000 miles before ever attempting to make a phone or even answering phones calls and emails that were made to locate this shipment. After 3 days of driving from here to here they called and delivered it 4 working days late. I suggest they change their name from Sameday to Someday Maybe.

• Like 1