Troble

Lima, Peru

1 hour ago, tony b said:

STUNNING, is all I can say. My challenge with those gorgeous platings would be to distinguish between what I'm supposed to eat and what is just decorations/garnishes??

Funny you should say that. Last night at Mayta I had to ask about that a few times and by the 2nd to last course/dessert I tried to eat the corn chips before asking and the waiter started laughing at me telling me “you can’t eat that” keep in mind I was 10 wine pairings in by that point 

Edited by Troble
  • Haha 2

Thank you everyone it was definitely a great trip most of all because after cancelling our trip in 2020 and 2022 because of COVID lockdowns we finally got to take my kids there to meet their 95 year old great grandma and a handful of aunts and uncles that they’ve never met 

this place was also the best ceviche of my life and the mussels/shellfish dish was out of this world. I’ll be attempting those in the summer 

147D3EB2-826A-46EA-8C53-E349BCCBE1B0.jpeg

9C31166A-90C6-45C7-A4BF-0E50372FEE36.jpeg

02C8D292-2A5E-4778-B203-B4AC7A33AA7C.jpeg

589450FE-92DB-4C59-A43D-CB3113DF315F.jpeg

53AA436E-BF45-428E-85DC-4CAA01EF3831.jpeg

• Like 5

20 hours ago, tony b said:

What were you drinking?

Maracuya pisco sour. Passion fruit pisco sour. It’s the only pisco sour I drink down there. They have big yellow passion fruits down there that are sweet and that is an absolute stunner of a drink 

• Like 1

Troble, are the prices at the restaurants your eating at comparble to the same here in the US of equal justice. I find prices vary wherever I've traveled so I was curious to know if your getting a bang for your buck or paying up to what it is. I realize most wouldn't ask this but then again, I like to cut to the chase. No harm done as long as you wake up and your still breathing I say. Enjoy

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 1

While not in the same league as these restaurants, I was inspired to make a batch of Peruvian Chicken with Green Crack Sauce for dinner last night. The chicken had been marinated for over 24 hours. One of my "cheats" on the green crack sauce is that I like to add in some Trader Joe's Jalapeno Sauce. Adds a nice kick and has a similar texture to the mayo/sour cream base of the crack sauce. 

Direct, 325F, 30 minutes. And springtime means asparagus!! 

PeruvianGreenCrackSauceChicken001.thumb.jpg.d09ef33ee026afae266250dc2a775917.jpg

Plated with roasted potatoes and the crack sauce.

PeruvianGreenCrackSauceChicken005.thumb.jpg.3c09a973d001fd57b30e1188bfc50c86.jpg

• Like 6

Troble, the food looked outstanding. I couldn't make heads or tails of what you were eating and then you posted the menu. After I read it I couldn't tell heads or tails what you were eating. But I'm an uncultured savage. I'd love to visit a place like that. 

Tony, your food always looks yummy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1