DennisLinkletter

38" Goldilocks Unveiled...

38" Goldilocks Unveiled..

The 38” Goldilocks is the newest member of the KK family. We took our 42” Serious Big Bad grill, sawed it in half, and pulled 4” from the middle. It is a reduced size 42". It has the same double two-spring hinges, the basket splitter is standard, and a stainless lip protector. Its inside dimensions are 38” wide and 22” deep. It comes standard with three levels of 3/8” 304 stainless grates that can cook on four levels. The main and lower grate have rods front to rear and come in three pieces.
It also comes standard with a charcoal basket splitter reducer that lets you cook on a reduced volume of charcoal. This creates a two-zone cooking environment. The grill weighs 1,560 lbs—(74 lbs less than the 42") and rolls easily on five high-density black rubber castors, four in the legs and one under the body, to distribute the weight evenly. It has 208 lbs of 304 Stainless..
Standard tiles $ 8,240
Bronze and Pebble tiles $ 8,480

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

• Like 8

On 7/25/2024 at 5:36 AM, Stile88 said:

@DennisLinkletter you have a wheel in the center of this new 38 i assume the 42 has a center wheel as well will this 38 require 2 springs like the 42
looks very impressive to say the least great job Dennis

Thanks for the Kudos..
Yes, the 38" has a double hinge with two springs.  In every way, it's a smaller version of the 42" SBB, not a large 32" BB.

• Like 4

Dennis, 

If you can share, I am eager to hear the details on what initiated the new size design. It’s 4” smaller the the SBB 42 and 6” larger than the BB 32. I’ve been following so hopefully did not miss that explanation elsewhere. 

The 38” Goldilocks is the newest member of the KK family. We took our 42” Serious Big Bad grill, sawed it in half, and pulled 4” from the middle. It is a reduced size 42". It has the same double two-spring hinges, the basket splitter is standard, and a stainless lip protector. Its inside dimensions are 38” wide and 22” deep. It comes standard with three levels of 3/8” 304 stainless grates that can cook on four levels. The main and lower grate have rods front to rear and come in three pieces.
It also comes standard with a charcoal basket splitter reducer that lets you cook on a reduced volume of charcoal. This creates a two-zone cooking environment. The grill weighs 1,560 lbs—(74 lbs less than the 42") and rolls easily on five high-density black rubber castors, four in the legs and one under the body, to distribute the weight evenly. It has 208 lbs of 304 Stainless..
Standard tiles $ 8,240
Bronze and Pebble tiles $ 8,480

• Like 5

Is the main great split in half? Same for baking stone?

Love the idea and look of it. You are trying to give some of us the itch again Dennis

Suspect it will be a popular choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Seeing Goldilocks, I wonder if there's any future possibility we could one day see a 28" model?

I currently have a Terra-Blue Ultimate 23 named "Heisenberg" (lol) so I already know logistically I'll never have a need for the Big Bad 32, however, something "in-between" an Ultimate and Big Bad would be VERY appealing...😁

thumbnail_thumbnail_IMG_6240.jpg

Edited by moebutt
  • Like 1