DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Let's use it as an area where we can post pics of simple little cooks that we feel might not be significant or special enough to warrant giving them their own post.

It's great if the person posting the photos leaves details about the cook but let's not make any comments about the posts, just photos (or don't feel bad when they are occasionally erased..)

;);)

details about the cook

I was less than clear before about the comments..

It's great if the person posting the photos leaves details about the cook but let's not make any comments about the posts, just photos (or don't feel bad when they are occasionally erased..)

Please also feel free to go back and add comments if you would like..

Simple chicken and Sweet potatoes

It couldn't get much easier, just heat the grill to about 400, and roast the chicken indirect on the upper rack. Add the potatoes after about 15 minutes, and let it all cook for about 45 minutes more. Maybe spin the chicken and flip the potatoes with about 15 minutes to go if one side of the fire is hotter...i didn't bother, so one side of my bird is a little crispier, but since we don't eat the skin I wasn't concerned.

dscn2861wx7.jpg

dscn2862dq8.jpg

• Like 1

Corned Beef/Pastrami

I was in the store the other day and saw corned beef (Boston has a lot of the Irish-Americans who spawned the dish so it's a year-round item). I had spaced a bit and forgot that smoked corned beef is pastrami so the experiment wasn't quite as novel as I had hoped. It came out OK, but it would have been much better if I had a meat slicer or the patience to cut it a bit thinner. Sorry, it was cold and I was too lazy to get my tripod so most of the pictures didn't come out.

cornedbeefsmallbm5.jpg

Cooked at about 300 for several hours (sorry, didn't take notes) until I reached 160 internal temp and, as an Irish dish, I figured some whiskey smoke was in order so I used some Jack Daniels smoke pellets. :)

Skinless thighs over a chunk of cherry wood. Never ceases to amaze me how moist the final product is off of a ceramic. Tasted amazing!

Super simple preparation; skinned, dusted with Pappy's seasoning, on ceramic in-direct @ 350 for 20 min. each side. Used Original Rancher Natural briquettes and a small piece of cherry. Juicy and bursting with flavor, AWESOME!

xmas08057gy0.th.jpg

Sunday Brisket

Got an itch to do a brisket last night so ran to the store and had her on by 10:30 p.m. She went just under 19 hours, edges were a bit done, a bit of a stubborn brisket. Great flavor though, nothing quite like it. I did her over ECC and oak red wine casks pieces at 225 grate. Point is back on for burnt ends. So far the ceramic has been running 20:50 on 50 pieces of ECC.

th_Brisket090111Post1.jpg

th_Brisket090111Post2.jpg

th_Brisket090111Post3.jpg

th_Brisket090111Post4.jpg

th_Brisket090111Post5.jpg

First Standing Rib Roast

Not necessarily an "everyday" cook, this little beast was cooked up for Christmas dinner, but since I am a bit late in posting this area seemed appropriate...

aV2Gn5IA.jpg

gx2y7eYS.jpg

Next time I will pull the roast just a bit earlier. However, this was great eating! I wouldn't have thought to try a cook like this before the KK - Thanks Dennis!!