DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Roasting cauliflower and garlic over CocoChar on my twenty-three.   EVO + sea salt + fresh cracked pepper + toasted ground cumin seed over the raw cauliflower turns it into sublime palate sensation after a session  with the KK at 550º :D

IMG_6725.JPG

Edited by dstr8
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for the kudos.  The food for Memorial Day was delicious.  I don't participate in the forum as much as I should and wanted to share some of the fun I have with my KK.  You guys are always so generous with your time and knowledge.

Tonyb,

The green stuff is a combination of parsley, chives and rosemary from the herb garden  

Ken,

You ask the tough question,. I just make these things up when I am in the kitchen.  I used Lemon juice and zest, chives, parsley, Rosemary, garlic, shallot, salt, peppercorns and Habanero Olive oil.  I blend it in the vitamix until smooth.  I let the chicken marinate for about 8hours.  I tend to use tough birds, stewing hens or a breed similar to French bresse so they can handle an acidic marinade for a while.  The grill was at 275 if I remember correctly.  I rarely go up to 300 these days.  

Edited by Homepro01
  • Like 1

Thanks. Sounds like you cook a lot like me - LOL! I tend to just experiment and toss stuff together - whatever pops into my head.

Your marinade sounds a bit like a chimichurri sauce, with an extra heat kicker with the habanero oil. 

I don't know where to start, with the homemade vanilla ice cream, the grilled grapes, the rhubarb crumble or the SV steak dinner.?!????

Round and round we go-

Vanilla Ice Cream in theMaking.jpg

Well, let's find out who sampled the vanilla ice cream before it was ready, CC, Ck, dstr, Tinyfish, Tony, or  was it SK? 

Who Tasted This.jpg

My first grilled red grapes-

Red Grapes Ready for the Grill.jpg

Grilled Red Grapes.

First Grilled Grapes.jpg

Grilled Graapes.jpg

My first rhubarb crumble.

Fresh from the garden-

Fresh Rhubarb.jpg

First Grilled Grapes.jpgCrumble Filling.jpg

Rhubarb Crumble Ready for Grill.jpg

Baked Rhubarb Crumble.jpg

Crumble with vanilla ice cream.

Rhubarb Crumble With Ice Cream.jpg

SV Beef Tenderloin dinner.

SV Tenderloin Dinner.jpg

First Grilled Grapes.jpg

First Rhubarb Crumble jpg.jpg

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 3

@MacKenzie - you really know how to hurt a guy!  I've been sitting in a hospital all dadgummed day (I'm fine, I'm supporting a Friend) and you post this!?  That is some kind of excellent cook!  And yes, I stuck my thumb in the icecream just to make certain it was as good as it looked!  It was BETTER! 

Another wonderful cook, @MacKenzie!  Kudos, kudos, kudos!