DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Super Bowl supper was Wings and Poutine! Didn't have any cheese curds, so I used some of my home-smoked cheese (pepper jack). Wings were 3 marinades - Uncle Dougie's (my fav), Asian (Peppers of Key West), and spicy garlic (6 diced cloves of garlic, Frank's hot sauce, and a splash of olive oil). Marinated overnight. 

Let there be pictures. Grilled the wings for 20 minutes on each side, basted in the middle with more marinade, direct @ 350F with a chunk of hickory.

post-975-0-81300100-1454903553_thumb.jpg

Plated, with a nice Sierra Nevada IPA.

post-975-0-26980000-1454903593_thumb.jpg

Money shots.

post-975-0-48795200-1454903618_thumb.jpg

post-975-0-23979800-1454903638_thumb.jpg

That's delicious Tony!

I did wings for the family as well!

Dusted in Yardbird rub, cooked direct at 450F (that wasn't the plan, but I overshot my temperature again....still getting used to the vents!). Then they were glazed with a home concoction of mango, habenaro, butter, honey and Sriracha sauce. Definitely a winning sauce! Another cook on the KK where the family said the magic words "best yet"! Even with though I overshot my temp, the KK still made me look like hero! lol

post-2508-0-11912900-1454934297_thumb.jp

Great lamb. What an appetizer. What was the rest of the dinner that everyone else brought?

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Salad was shredded carrots, red cabbage, and sliced cucumber, with a garlic yogurt dressing. Main course was lamb/beef meatballs (koftas), steamed dumplings stuffed with beef (Manti). Veggie dishes were an eggplant casserole called Fainting Imam and grated raw radishes with cumin. Rice pilaf with chickpeas. Dessert was a shortbread cookie stuffed with dates and rolled in powdered sugar. All consumed with copious amounts of wine! It was a feast to be sure! 

Mr. Twenty Three was hot after a beet roasting session...and scallops sounded good tonight so flames were allowed to lick my cast iron at 550-ish...and a little brown butter provided the lube.   Tasty.   And since I was bach-ing it tonight...this was a single serving ;)

post-1238-0-16264100-1455341290_thumb.jp