ckreef

Reef's Deep Dish Pizza

My second entry in the contest.

A Chicago style deep dish pizza (constructed upside down) with a Backyard Bistro flair (extra toppings added in the end). Bring a fork and knife, you're going to need them - LOL.

The dough formula came from my Reef's Pizza Doughs posted in the recipe section. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. The 2 on Komodo pictures are dedicated to Dennis - he will know why.

3a337e51f2cf255f8a852191961560ee.jpg

db8b9145034047a45c29192cb1aea6fd.jpg

9986000c107d0f313dc47b0eca37cdcc.jpg

25f69fc550a9e28125ff935276ef92a0.jpg

bfcfa5526407ac2b91b20da2d5868f2b.jpg

5a04656d48cd658870af1d279392432d.jpg

df9006bb32bb18c86ff0621384a1ad68.jpg

That's a winner too. Nice and colorful with gooey cheese.

I normally keep the deep dish all meat. For photography purposes I felt it could use a little contrasting color so I added the green peppers. Mrs skreef really liked that. Since they were put on towards the end they still had a little crunch to them which is how she likes it.

Also I started cooking this at 375*. I should have started at 400*. Still came out really good just took a little longer to finish.

Nobody gets to raise the white flag - where is the fun in that.

These are just the standard nothing special pizzas. Just trying to showcase all the different Komodo pizza options. I still have a couple more to get through.

I figure some exotic ingredient pizza will take the win. I'm not good with exotic ingredients pizza but I'll try and enter something special before the end of the month.

You should be able to right click the picture and save it to your hard drive.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Notes:

1- The cookbook program I am useing will only allow for one pic.

Pluting the money shot product in the Komodo Kamado will show off our Kamados with the KK name, and our entry all together.

Let me know which pic you want in book with your pizza recipe.

2- If someone has a program that can include more than one pic and doesn't mind useing it  I have no objection. It will give a better book for our cookbook collections.

3- All suggestions more than welcomed.

Notes:

1- The cookbook program I am useing will only allow for one pic.

Pluting the money shot product in the Komodo Kamado will show off our Kamados with the KK name, and our entry all together.

Let me know which pic you want in book with your pizza recipe.

2- If someone has a program that can include more than one pic and doesn't mind useing it I have no objection. It will give a better book for our cookbook collections.

3- All suggestions more than welcomed.

Here is the problem the way I see it.

Most really good money shots are closeups. And are usually composed after the cook when you can arrange things properly on the plate. A large number of cooks don't look that exciting on the grill were you could capture the Komodo Kamado logo.

Take my pull apart pizza - on the grill it looks like nothing special. The money shot really brings the cook to life. Unfortunately for a cookbook you really want an eye appealing picture so people get drawn into cooking it. A lot of on grill pictures don't have the eye candy appeal.

There are picture mosaic programs that will combine 2 or more pictures into one, which basically solves this dilemma. A lot of photo editing programs have this feature built into it.

Another simpler option would be to just pick the best picture. If the on grill picture looks very appealing use that. If the money shot looks significantly more appealing use that.

People who get this cookbook will all know everything was done on a Komodo Kamado so not every picture would need to be on the grill.

Also if there is some type of cover page for the book then a good multi picture mosaic could be used with a few different Komodo Kamado's in that picture.

My cookbook program is dirt simple it allows 1 pic, 1 ingredient colum, and 1 description colum. That is about all I can handle.

My thought sabout pictures:

This is a chance to say thanks to Dennis for a job well done.

I suggest the following Example:

If CC"s two products changed places it would make a dymanic duo picture.

Results:

1- Thank you Dennis.

2- Shows your Komodo Kamado.

3- Shows  "Komodo Kamado Can Do If We Will Do"

4- Makes one hell of a picture!