tinyfish

Breakfast pizza

I saw this cooked before and I always wanted to try it.

The topping tomato sauce, bacon, mushrooms, red peppers, onions and mozzarella. I heat soaked my KK at 550f. I cooked the pizza on the top rack directly on the smooth side of the indirect stone. The pizza took about 6 minutes.

post-2313-0-25057000-1439591330_thumb.jppost-2313-0-87089000-1439591360_thumb.jppost-2313-0-01631600-1439591375_thumb.jppost-2313-0-95656200-1439591388_thumb.jp

Great job tinyfish, I knew I was scared for a reason. I've never done a breakfast pizza but I've been meaning to.

A really tasty looking pizza and great pictures.

Looks like the deflector worked well and its massive thickness should allow for multiple back to back pizzas without it cooling down much in between.

bosceaux - I'll put my baking stone on the extended cooking rack which sits on the main grate. No deflectors down in the belly of TheBeast. This gets the stone high in the dome. That's it.

You also need to plan ahead and heat soak your KK and baking stone for at least an hour or so before you cook. The stone for TheBeast is HUGE. Lots of thermal mass that takes time to warm up. But once up to temp, you can cook pizzas one right after the other and there is absolutely NO difference in the crust. There is no recycle time needed.

We had a local spot that did the cracked eggs on top of a bacon and sausage pizza. It was awesome, but they got rid of their pizza oven and replaced it with a smoker. (They make some decent Q now, too!)

The trick is to set the white while leaving the yolk runny. So wait until the last couple of minutes cooking the pizza to add the eggs. That way the heat from the pizza toppings underneath help sets the egg. If you wait and add the eggs after the pizza is done and off the KK, there's not enough heat left to set the eggs properly (whites stay runny). If you add the eggs at the beginning, they'll overcook (IMHO). Last secret, crack the eggs individually into a bowl, then gently pour onto the pizza one at a time. Given the rough surface of the toppings, if you try and crack the eggs directly out of the shell onto the pizza, the yolks will usually break. 

Tony your right about the eggs.

To clarify this pizza took 8 minutes to cook since I make the dough thicker about 300g. 5ye eggs went on at the beginning of the cook. I did pre crack the eggs into little cups first. The yolks were 80% firm.

Speaking about pizza in a kk...

What is the best or ideal setup for pizza. I know on the KJ I have deflectors and pizza stone stacked together with a small airflow between them.

Just trying to get an understanding before hand

Bosco I spoke to Dennis today and he gave me a lesson on the baking stone. The KK baking stone is engineered to specific thermal properties which requires no deflector below it. A lot of science/physics goes into a baking stone. The baking stone for the 23KK weighs 24 pounds.

Love the egg on top.. Great twist!   

Gotta get you a real baking stone, too bad we missed by two days.

Your new KK and cabinet already shipped last week..

Even though this is my second KK I am still very excited.

Dennis gave me a sneak peek of the cabinet and it looks SPECTACULAR, its the first one of its kind. I will have a grand reveal once it arrives.

Dennis gave me a sneak peek of the cabinet and it looks SPECTACULAR, its the first one of its kind. I will have a grand reveal once it arrives.

Oooh... I love the different cabinets I've seen. Who else on the forum has a cabinet and who has the side tables? Why did you choose what you did?

I'm thinking a cabinet would be both beautiful and practical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooh... I love the different cabinets I've seen. Who else on the forum has a cabinet and who has the side tables? Why did you choose what you did?

I'm thinking a cabinet would be both beautiful and practical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going with a cabinet because like you said its practical and beautiful. In the cabinet I will keep my charcoal, KK accessories and miscellaneous items.

Speaking about pizza in a kk...

What is the best or ideal setup for pizza. I know on the KJ I have deflectors and pizza stone stacked together with a small airflow between them.

Just trying to get an understanding before hand

Easy peasey. Baking stone on the upper grill, fire is direct. I like around 550 F. As per CC, heat soak your KK foOr an hour prior.

Wow Bosco, didn't that sound nice? Heat soak YOUR KK.

Not sure if you pulled the trigger yet, but don't sweat the transferring of your cash to a foreign country. It feels spooky, but all have done it with no issues.