Poochie

Cornish Game Hens

I used olive oil and salt and pepper on these. Cooked them at 350 and cranked it to 450 for the last 10 minutes.  I haven't bought these in a long time and they were moist but it needs something to kick up the flavor. Next time I brine them at least 2 days and that should slap some flavor sense into them.

post-2487-0-38787800-1441234793_thumb.jp

post-2487-0-50782400-1441234798_thumb.jp

post-2487-0-37437700-1441234800_thumb.jp

Cornish Game Hens are rarely available here.. Last time I bought and cooked 4 of them. I had them sitting on the kitchen table when the doorbell rang.. came back and discovered my Akita had eaten all four!  They looked great and from the satisfied look on my dog's face tasted great too..

Nice birds did you cook them to 160º with about a 10º float up after pulling them?

Yep, pulled at 160 but didn't monitor the temperature after that. They "settled" about 25 minutes, so I'm sure the temps went up. I usually put a foil tent over meat that's sitting and waiting to be devoured.

Your KitKat and Akita get along? I'll be he didn't share any Cornish Game Hen with the kitty.