PRippley

Beef ribs after Cabo vacation

Ok so the one thing I missed while on vacation in Cabo was Saphira, NOT the 18.85 inches of rain we have had so far in December, yep you read that right, 18.85 inches in 17 days...luckily we were in Cabo 10 of those! Went to an awesome Argentine steak house while thereff0e6ec4d09a46766c377e61ead87b97.jpg

Then of corse, first cook back has to be beef ribs, got going late tonight, but here they are after about half an hour2b5f19d8eb784cd47b608a5510076fa8.jpg

Watching some NBA and chillin' with a beer while Saphira does all the work..oh, did I mention it started raining again right after I put the ribs on?😕

@PRippley - nice ribs! Kudos, muy Kudos!

Cabo is gorgeous. We used to run down there all the time. The Sea of Cortez is one of the best whale watching destinations on earth. The females go there to give birth to their calves and they are sheltered from foul weather by Baja and the west coast of the Mainland. We'd pay fisherman to take us out in their boats to see the whales. There were no limitations back then on how close you could get. We'd see thos whales really up close and personal. Amazing animals. The lights were on and someone was home.

I've been to that place in Cabo, very good.

Got engaged in Cabo, celebrated my 30th in Cabo, and my in-laws own 12 weeks of timeshare there that doesn't all get used.  When we lived in the USA, we went down there a couple of times a year, and I really miss it.  I love to fish (and golf) and it is hands down the best fishing I've ever experienced.  My wife and I have probably reeled in 50ish Marlin (always catch and release) and countless Dorado (that we always kept a couple of for fresh Ceviche and to take to a restaurant in town that would prepare it 8 ways for $30).  Almost planned a trip there for March 2016 to celebrate my 40th birthday but we've decided on Koh Samui instead as it is a lot easier to travel there with a 2 and 4 year old from Singapore.

Ah, thanks for taking me back to Cabo for a minute!!!

post-522-0-76284900-1450496477_thumb.jpg

post-522-0-48386700-1450496488_thumb.jpg

post-522-0-34172400-1450496506_thumb.jpg

post-522-0-06276600-1450496536_thumb.jpg

I also loved riding ATVs along the Pacific side.  Great trails and very scenic.  Just be careful, it is the #1 cause of injury in Cabo. 

If you fish, you can take your catch to a lot of different restaurants and they will clean it and prepare it multiple ways for you.  They give you all of your sides, etc. for one price, usually $25-$30 per head.  Our favorite place to do that is Ponchos.  My favorite restaurant is Mi Casa.  The lobster burrito at Cabo Wabo is out of this world.  Head to 'The Office' for beach drinks.

If you are out late night partying, this place is open 24 hours and is great post party food, and cheap!  http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g152515-d3599784-Reviews-Taqueria_EL_Paisa-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

Errrr, I'm starting to regret this Koh Samui decision!!!!

This is my favorite open air taco joint. AMAZINGLY good tacos al pastor, and a huge spread of fixings accompany your order.

It's definitely low-brow, but where else can two people walk in with your own 6 pack (they don't mind because they don't sell any beer) and have 3 - 4 tacos etc each for under $10. The smells rolling out of this place alone are worth half that sometimes.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g152515-d3204546-Reviews-Tacos_Guss-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html