bosco

ribs and wings

Last night I had some friends over and did some ribs and wings for them.  

I used the 23" KK for the ribs and the 32" KK for the wings.  

I loaded the 23" and had it settle at 225 degrees and added some peach wood for smoking of course.  Added my rub and let them go for just over 5 hours.  The pictures are not the best as I had been consuming... and it was really dark.  The flash helped but hurt the image quality a bit.

I tried Eat BBQ Zero to Hero and it turned out really good.  The rub turned out a beautiful red colour on the meat!!  It was sweet with a bit of spice.

_DSC1466.jpg

Anyways... 

I added 8 lbs of wings to the 32 at 350 degrees.  This was the first time that I cooked wings without a deflector stone in.  They turned out really good, however, I prefer 375 with stone in for my wings.  

For the wings I mixed plowboys bovine bold and yardbird on half, and then ground pork rinds to the other half.  Once cooked I sauced the pork rind ones with franks wing sauce.... they were quite delicious!!

_DSC1469.jpg

_DSC1473.jpg

_DSC1476.jpg

The ribs were tender, pull of the bone clean.  Very pleased with the rib texture, smoke ring and bark on this batch. 

_DSC1478.jpg

My company seemed to love it all and now it is early in the morning.... and I am regretting that last beverage!

That shot of your eight pounds of wings was impressive. ^_^ As was how your ribs turned out!

One thing to keep in mind for your next wing cook: if you plan on cooking indirect (that’s what I prefer as well), you need to make sure the wings on the outside are over your deflector, and not too close to the walls of the grill. Otherwise you’ll have a perimeter of overcooked wings. DAMHIKT. ^_^