Beef Ribs

Normally I wouldn't post about everyday beef ribs, but this is slightly different. Bosceaux has been on my case about trying new things, and rightfully so, but more often than not, I'm disappointed when I try new rubs. I thought about doing a side by side, sea salt/coarse black pepper on one side, salt lick dry rub on the other.

post-906-0-27474200-1456593842_thumb.jpg

I'm cooking on my 19" tabletop, to probe tender, I'm guessing around 205. More later

post-906-0-82302300-1456668943_thumb.jpg

Ok, here they are,sliced, after about a ten hour cook, and an equally long rest, (I fell asleep). The cap fell of when I picked them up, I believe the whole rib would have fallen off had they been hot. I didn't like the salt lick as much as the salt/pepper, (sorry Bosceaux), but it was good. The salt lick had the salt/pepper flavors, but it had a lot of other stuff going on too, kinda confusing to my palate, got in the way of the beef.  The beef flavor was a cross between a ribeye and a brisket, the texture was tender, hearty beef. I will be doing these again.