MacKenzie

Jalapeno and Cheese Sausage Dinner

While the sausage was cooking on the lower grate of the KK I went out to get the first batch of spinach for dinner. WHAT it's all wilted! Got the hose out and water it, came back later and it had revived.:)

No KK pixs cooked sausage down on the lower grill and then just when it was time to grab some pixs the phone rang and it was a call that needed to be taken.

An hour later here is everything plated.

Sausage Dinner With Potatoes and Spinach.jpg

The sausages were from Costco, Canadian made and no preservatives, called Jalapeno and Cheese. They are excellent and I'll buy them again.

The interior-

Sausage Dinner.jpg

• Like 1

Kitchen reno pixs - I didn't know where to post these so here we go

What you see is just how my kitchen looks everyday, no staging. I like a small kitchen, no sitting around in my kitchen, down to business. Also like to have a lot of tools on the cupboard although they are not all there by any means.

This is what started the renovations, the stove vent. Called the carpenter and asked if he would put one in for me. Carpenter says no problem.  Once that was in, well let's switch the fridge and dishwasher, it will give me more counter. Carpenter says no problem. Well maybe I should put in a new counter top all the way around. OK, let's get granite. Well maybe  we should tile between the counter top and cupboards. Carpenter says no problem. We have leftover tiles let's put them around the bathroom sink. Carpenter says no problem.  I need some outlets on the deck can you give me three more please. Carpenter says no problem. There were a bunch of little jobs I also thought might as well get done. Carpenter says no problem.

This is what started it all.

Vent Area 1.jpg

The big switch.

Fridge Dishwasher.jpg

Let's make some in the wall storage, Carpenter says no problem.

In the Wall Storage.jpg

Some of the tool collection.

Tools.jpg

More tools-

Espresso Corner.jpg

A stained glass light that I made. It is over the kitchen sink.

Stained Glass Light.jpg

The view from the kitchen window.

Kitchen Window.jpg

What I tell everyone that comes into my kitchen, my granite counter top even has a diamond in the rough. I then proudly show it off.:)

Diamond.jpg

Actually the pix doesn't show it off as well as in real life. The piece of quartz is quite sparkly and more clear than in the pix.

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 3

As others have said, what a great setup you've been able to create!  The view out of the window is great but the two other things that caught my eye were: the storage for some of your spices and mortar and pestle & and your espresso machine.  Much more to be admired as well...