KevinD

Calzone Bake #2 on "Pele"

Ok, so here is my 2nd Calzone on "Pele", though I expect my next attempt at a bake will be a deep-dish trying to live up to that epic recent bake done by CKREEF at the Bistro...

The only issue with this one as I've not yet tried attempted to assemble a pizza or calzone directly on a peel is that I didn't have the dough enough towards to top of the parchment paper, allowing it to be centered when I picked up the paper to flip the dough over the topping placed into the bottom half of the dough circle. So not wanting a potential repeat of oozing innards flowing directly onto the baking stone, I slid another piece of parchment paper under to compensate. I didn't bother to trim the paper as I had a few things happening at the same time so in it went.  First shot is 8 minutes into the cook at an indicated 600°F, calzone then rotated 180° for an additional four minutes then pulled out…  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by KevinD
Add pic
  • Like 3

That calzone looks delicious. Calzones are on my Friday pizza list.

I hope you don't mind - I took your money shot and tweaked it a little. Mostly the white balance. The crust still looks a little yellow. Editing it on my phone I just couldn't work it out without messing up the rest of the picture.

99150571ad1c514e4b627f513d4f495d.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well I wasn't thrilled with my first attempt at editing the calzone. After thinking about it I came to the realization I had done the editing steps in the wrong order for that picture so I gave it another attempt. Sort of hard to do when I don't know the exact color of your walls or the board the pizza is sitting on but this one came out a little better.
I hope you don't mind me using your picture to practice my editing skills.
ff68073d0a2b02cde8996244dd973084.jpg

Charles - go for it!  Walls are ivory in color, platter is white.  Complicating (?) the issue are energy saver bulbs throwing light through alabaster colored shades...

Lastly - calzone was brushed with extra virgin olive oil (EVO) before going on Pele for the bake.

Charles - go for it!  Walls are ivory in color, platter is white.  Complicating (?) the issue are energy saver bulbs throwing light through alabaster colored shades...

Knowing that I guess I came close on my second attempt.
Cool white energy saver bulbs are really hard to get good results. In my dining room (where I take most of my pictures) I've changed over to daylight bulbs. A little funky on the eyes until you get use to them but It definitely improved my pictures.

Cookin with my baby she's got great big crust
Shes long, lean, and lanky and aint she great to eat
Shes my baby and I love her just the same
Crazy bout that pastry cause Calzone is her name
Calzone
Calzone
What makes your big crust so hard?
I love her. I love her just the same

You know what mama told me? Mama said son...
Keep away from that cooker - she's gonna take all your time
Hey, hey, hey boy.... don't laugh about my mama - you hear that?
Hey man I told you man.... 
You don't know what you doin boy - don't laugh about my mama
Calzone
Calzone
What makes your big crust so hard?
I love her. I love her just the same

• Like 3