DennisLinkletter

KK 2017 Grill Lineup

14 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

I'm told $3500 to 3600 is much easier to swallow than $4260-4440.   Seems to be a mental barrier there..  The size is also great for a couple. The 19" is really too small to do many full cut cooks easily. 
My experience and feedback is that when one loads up with some accessories and delivered, the new 21"grill will be in the low $4000's making it more accessible or easy to convince wives than just over 5 grand for the original 23". I've believed for a long time that a $3500 -3600 price point for a full size KK would hit a sweet spot.. Time will tell.

BTW the 32" BB for the first time has more web views than the 23".  I attribute this to the release of the 42" which confirms the 32" is not too large and makes selling it to the Mrs... MUCH easier.  "Honey, I'm not getting the big one!"  Suddenly the 32" is a compromise ;-) 

While I am still a little away on the savings account, the 21" (beside being the PERFECT size for us smaller households) with the lower cost certainly makes the dream Kamado closer to a reality.  If the Canada/US exchange rate was closer, I'd buy one now!  Coming soon....

• Like 3

Small BBQr, I hear you, that exchange is still a killer as it was a few ears ago but I decided to bite the bullet any way. I liked cooking on this grill so much that I ordered the second one a year later. The food just tastes so much better than cooking on a ceramic grill. I didn't think I would notice the difference but there is a world of difference and this grill will last and last and last with no cracking of the firebox etc., etc., etc. Life is good in Nova Scotia all year long.

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 2

While I am still a little away on the savings account, the 21" (beside being the PERFECT size for us smaller households) with the lower cost certainly makes the dream Kamado closer to a reality.  If the Canada/US exchange rate was closer, I'd buy one now!  Coming soon....

Keep at it mate I know the cost can be a bit more of a savings adventure for some of us but like anything we save up for a reason and when we get there it's well worth the effort and all is forgotten until the next thing that catches our eye lol

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 2